When I bought my storm I also picked up the holster for it, now my problem is when it is in the holster if I happen to press or lean on the mute button it is sticking down and causing the phone to go into silent mode. Now it is not so bad if I am just walking around but days like today when it is raining out I will clip my phone turned into my pocket and just from walking it will put the slightest pressure on that button and silence the phone. Is this normal for these clips to do or do I just have a bad one?

Also that mute button doesnt seem to work unless it is in the clip

Thanks
    01-07-09 09:44 PM
    when I picked up my storm from the store I looked at the side holster for it, the problem is that the holster is too tight for the phone, so I went to Walmart and picked up the largest bodyglove side holster its a perfect fit and only 15.00 so far no problems........
    01-07-09 10:13 PM
    I have the verizon holster and mine 'sleeps' while in the holster. all I see is a dark screen.
    01-07-09 10:36 PM
    mine works just fine, love it. wouldn't say its too tight for the phone at all.
    01-07-09 10:39 PM
    When I bought my storm I also picked up the holster for it, now my problem is when it is in the holster if I happen to press or lean on the mute button it is sticking down and causing the phone to go into silent mode. Now it is not so bad if I am just walking around but days like today when it is raining out I will clip my phone turned into my pocket and just from walking it will put the slightest pressure on that button and silence the phone. Is this normal for these clips to do or do I just have a bad one?

Thanks
    When I have mine in the holster, I get the same thing but only if I'm sitting down. It never happened when I'm walking. Most of the time I have the phone turned in my pocket. Also if you use the lock button on the top and hold the mute button while the screen is locked you will change from normal to vibrate.
    01-07-09 10:46 PM

Thanks
    Do you know what part of the holster is pressing the button? I've carried mine around both screen in and screen out, and I've never accidentally hit the mute button.
    01-07-09 11:12 PM
    My BB holster would hang up when I put the Storm in it. The "End" Button would get caught on the way in. It was definitely too tight, BB could've made it like they did the one for the 8830. I snapped the clip off mine. I'm rocking the rubber cover, and just putting in pockets now.
    01-08-09 06:49 AM
    My big issue with the holster is that it shuts off my phone without me wanting to do so sometimes.

It's a tight fit so it'll suppress the power button.
    01-08-09 07:29 AM
    I had the exact same problem. The swivel holster clip seemed to be depressing the mute button on the phone when clipped.

I swapped to the leather holster that hangs on the belt.

A bit bulkier but more functional. And still very snazzy looking.
    01-08-09 07:38 AM
    Ya I also have a leather belt holster that I use. I had it from my Moto Q and the size works perfectly for the Storm. The outside has seen it's wear, but both phones were always safe.
    01-08-09 11:55 AM
    Seems like the holster would put the phone to sleep, so the buttons wouldnt be functional.
    01-08-09 11:58 AM
    Mine does that too. It does put the phone to sleep but those buttons are still active. Haven't found a way to shut that off yet. The volume buttons still control volume while listening to music and mute still pauses music. Even when in the holster.
    01-08-09 12:03 PM
    Just to clarify for ya, the mute button issue is with verizons plastic "holster". Not the pouches. And also with any product, if you can access the mute button and press it for a second or two it will turn your sound profile to vibrate. That seems to be a normal function.

But the "holster" seems to have been made slightly wrong so when you put the phone into it it applies a little too much pressure to the top, mute side of the phone. The holster itself isn't pressing the button but if you slightly touch the mute button it will stay down. Try it. Just hold it in your hand and press the button. It will click in and stay there but the lock button works fine.

I was thinking about using a file and shave down the portion of the holster that is causing the issue and see if that works.
    01-08-09 12:18 PM
    Ok guys I just took a file combined with a sharp knife and fixed the problem.

All I did was file down the small section of the top of the holster that was touching the "problem" area a little bit, made sure it was smooth and tada! No more problems.
    01-08-09 12:39 PM
    Thanks everyone, especially Glsec507!!! I am going to try to file it down to see if that solves my problem, I just didnt know if this was common problem or just my particular one and didnt want to mess with it if I could exchange it

Thanks
    01-08-09 09:24 PM
    The holster for the 88xx works awesome.
    01-08-09 09:29 PM
    I bought a side holster from a Verizon dealer and my storm fits in it along with the rubber sleeve, with no problem.
    01-08-09 10:50 PM
    Anyone have any experience with this case?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=-NOuFL_U

I should receive mine in the mail tomorrow...
    01-08-09 11:06 PM
    You guys are hillarious, I love this thread. I bought the BB clip with my Storm on release day. It's my first BB and I wasn't tuned in. That night, I met with some friends for dinner. My buddy said "I spotted you all the way across the hotel lobby (Vegas hotel lobby...HUGE). I said "how" and he responded "you're glowing" while pointing to my phone. I did not realize the screen was flashing off and on. The next day, I visited VZW and they sold me the leather, BB holster and I learned about the magnet (I really am a newbie) turning the screen off.

The past few days, I've discovered my phone on "Vibrate" when I know I did not set it there. I was puzzled about this and now I know!

The problem I did noticed with the holster is that my fumble fingers seem to activate the voice dial command when I holster the phone....drives me nuts.

Thanks for your tips, gotta love this place!
    01-08-09 11:09 PM
    Well my problem is now solved.....I installed a Zagg Invisible Shield on my Storm and it now doesnt fit in the holster so I will have to find another type
    01-10-09 07:34 AM
    Seems like the holster would put the phone to sleep, so the buttons wouldnt be functional.
    exactly. I have the vertical blackberry holster and it always goes to sleep before it picks up a button press. It's designed that way, and mine works flawlessly.
    01-10-09 08:44 AM
    I never have a problem with mine but I always use the top lock button before putting it away.
    01-10-09 09:06 AM
    Yeah thats what happening to me. I just got it today and its pressing down to tightly on the mute button. To the point that if I press it once it stays down and becomes unclickable. Taking it back. Probably gonna get the Sedio holster. We'll see.
    01-14-09 04:55 PM
    I never have a problem with mine but I always use the top lock button before putting it away.
    Well maybe you have one that isnt as tight? I would also lock mine but the mute button still works even if it is locked
    01-14-09 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD