prius04: Yes I made that post but check out the post I made under the Storm 2 review on the main page of Crackberry.com. I am right. Verizon will not offer an updated o/s for the Storm 1 because of money. They fully expect people to dash out and buy the Storm 2 and if you own a 1, well you're screwed. I have dealt with Verizon for over 8 years on cell phone issues and they are there to make money. If you think out of the goodness of their hearts they are going to make it right for Storm 1 users who bought an untested piece of crap, then I got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. I would have gone iPhone but in my area of Illinois, AT&T has the worst non coverage area of any place on the planet sans Libya. I need good communications and I like the Blackberry software concept but I hate buying felt pads to make the phone "click" and daily battery pulls. I want some usable 3rd party software that works and when I rotate my $499 Storm 1, I want it to change to landscape, not 4 minutes later when it feels like it.
    10-15-09 06:05 PM
    Mods; please delete...
    10-15-09 07:15 PM
    *gets on flame suit and hides for personal safety*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 07:26 PM
    Approx 6 months back I got a VIP Card in the mail from Verizon.. It says on it $50 off any new phone every year with a two year renewal.. Now is that $50 off List or $50 off the 2 year price.. Hmmm???
    I've been with Verizon since 1995 and have two BB Storm, my bill over 200 a month and they told me I dont qualify to be a VIP because I dont pay
    enough, and they also told me there was nothing wrong with the Storm its an computer so you would expect to reboot 4 to 5 time a day.

10-15-09 08:32 PM
    ...my bill over 200 a month and they told me I dont qualify to be a VIP because I dont pay enough...
    Well, that doesn't sound right. I was under the impression that you have to be current in billing, have been a VZW customer for at least 12 months, and have had a $79.99/mo (or higher) plan for the past 6 months. That's basically it in order to qualify.
    10-15-09 08:42 PM
    I've been with Verizon since 1995 and have two BB Storm, my bill over 200 a month and they told me I dont qualify to be a VIP because I dont pay
    enough, and they also told me there was nothing wrong with the Storm its an computer so you would expect to reboot 4 to 5 time a day.

i would have raised **** until i had 4 months free, everyone got a new phone, and no contract extension. that is absolutely absurd that someone would say that...
    10-15-09 08:44 PM

Psh I reboot my computer like 4 to 5 times a year lol

10-15-09 09:34 PM
    exactly...but by "VZW knows" that doesn't include the reps who work at stores....unless they're testing the device, involved in marketing, or somewhere else in the corporate leadership, they're even more clueless about this stuff than you are...

very few frontline reps are into this stuff as much as we are.
    When I went in for my replacement, I had to tell the rep how to basically reset and activate the new phone... I've only met one rep in ALL the stores I've been to that knew a thing about BB's and then some.

the rest just sorta... stand around, ask if they can help you (usually can't when you know more than they do), and offer upgrade info that I don't need.
    10-15-09 09:38 PM
    .230 easily has the face detection. It was one of the first things I noticed about it. Definitely not a hardware feature that the Storm1 is lacking.

AGREED! Install .230, call your vm or somebody, then put then phone up to your face and press it against your cheek. It no longer presses buttons and after about two seconds even shuts the screen off. Take that Storm2! lol
    10-15-09 09:54 PM
    prius04: Yes I made that post but check out the post I made under the Storm 2 review on the main page of Crackberry.com. I am right. Verizon will not offer an updated o/s for the Storm 1 because of money. They fully expect people to dash out and buy the Storm 2 and if you own a 1, well you're screwed. I have dealt with Verizon for over 8 years on cell phone issues and they are there to make money. If you think out of the goodness of their hearts they are going to make it right for Storm 1 users who bought an untested piece of crap, then I got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. I would have gone iPhone but in my area of Illinois, AT&T has the worst non coverage area of any place on the planet sans Libya. I need good communications and I like the Blackberry software concept but I hate buying felt pads to make the phone "click" and daily battery pulls. I want some usable 3rd party software that works and when I rotate my $499 Storm 1, I want it to change to landscape, not 4 minutes later when it feels like it.
    Ok what the **** are you smoking?

First off Verizon does not make the BlackBerry OS. Second Verizon is not the only carrier to have the BlackBerry Storm 9530. Third you can already download newer versions of the OS (official I might add from other carriers). Fourth there are many 5.x builds out for the Storm 1 already. Fifth even if Verizon never passes an OS 5 build (not going to happen I might add, they WILL pass an updated OS) who cares? Other carriers will. Plain and simple.

RIM is STILL updating and Verizon is STILL passing RIM's updated OS's to their older BlackBerry's. Curve anyone? 8830 anyone?

You obviously have no experience with Verizon or RIM if you think that a 5.0 build will not be officially passed by Verizon. **** Verizon is still updating the firmware to older dumb phones. Env2 just got an update and the EnV3's been out now for months.

Verizon MUST keep their OS's up to date with BlackBerries especially with BES.

----------------

Moving on... I have a feeling that customers with the original Storm won't see any kind of credit or price discount BUT will be allowed to upgrade early with a contract extension with out much hassle.
    10-15-09 10:08 PM

What voice plan do you have?
    10-15-09 10:09 PM
    What voice plan do you have?
    i'm so glad you've kept your sig the same for this long, every time i see you in the forums i lol IRL...
    10-15-09 10:53 PM
    The way I see it, RIM is a multi-million dollar company. You bought the product and didn't return it in 30 days. Don't see why they would "pay you back" by giving a Storm 2 discount. And keep in mind people...everyone's Storm is not crap. My storm is blazing. No problems. None. And I'm still getting Storm2. Cuz its just flat out gonna be better. I think we all would get it if we could. RIM doesn't owe us anything. Being as rich as RIM executives is a completely different world kids. I just don't think they care.

10-16-09 01:19 AM

My bill is about $240 month.. 2 BB and 3 dumbphones. I got this Card back in March..

Yesterday My 4th storm went south. Screen stopped clicking and couldn't click worth ****. They replaced it again. while I was there, I asked about the VIP card.. The rep said when my Year is up, I could upgrade to another 2 year plan and get the phone at the 2 year upgrade price plus $50.00 off .. Now I cant wait for S2 and for my year (November) to come ..
    10-16-09 01:13 PM
    I wish but i'll dream of that happening. -_-
    10-16-09 02:17 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD