I recently reactivated my old Storm and was wondering ( I still carry the Asurion plan on my account so the BB is covered...) if VZW had any Storms left, should my Storm experience a failure? Or have all original Storms been upgraded to the Storm 2 for replacement?

Thanks.
    06-02-11 10:08 PM
    You will not find any storms. You will be lucky if you even find a storm 2 at any stores. All have been discontinued
    06-02-11 11:16 PM
    Has anyone here had to get one replaced lately and if so what were they offered?

Thanks.
    06-02-11 11:18 PM
    Has anyone here had to get one replaced lately and if so what were they offered?

Thanks.
    Interested to see the reply for this one.
    Probably a Curve 3G or a free low-end Android device.
    06-02-11 11:39 PM
    You will not find any storms. You will be lucky if you even find a storm 2 at any stores. All have been discontinued
    Verizon's website still shows the Storm 2 available and I saw them in a VZW corp. store not long ago.

VZW online selling them for $199 with 2 yr contract!
    06-03-11 12:30 AM
    Verizon's website still shows the Storm 2 available and I saw them in a VZW corp. store not long ago.

VZW online selling them for $199 with 2 yr contract!
    who would buy one of these POS's any more?
    06-15-11 12:26 PM
    I have a Storm1 and I absolutely love it. I don't think it's a POS.
    I haven't seen an S2 so I don't know what it's like.
    06-15-11 02:01 PM
    You are correct, the Storm is a good phone. The Storm 2 is an upgraded version with WiFi and the bottom buttons now built into the touch screen. They are still available at Verizon, but at nearly two hundred bucks, they are way overpriced.

I still have my Storm 1 but I have gone back to using my HTC Droid Incredible. While I like the Storm still, the browser just sucks compared to that on my Android phone. I tried Opera and it is ok, but Android is stop better.

The real reason I switched to Android was due all the dust I kept getting under the screen of my Storm. I finally replaced the screen myself and in less than a month there was a lot of dust again. That and the slow browser pushed me to Android.
    06-15-11 02:50 PM
    I may have to try Android....
    06-15-11 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD