HAVE NEW STORM FOR 10 DAYS NOW...FOR THE MOST PART LOVE IT TILL THE EMAIL QUIT TWO DAYS AGO...BOTH SEND AND RECEIVE..CUSTOMER SERVICE TRIED EVERYTHING/SERVICE BOOKS ETC...THEN SAID THERE WAS AN ALERT FROM RIM THAT NETWORK WAS DOWN AND SHOULD HAVE IT RESOLVED WITHIN 48 HOURS...GOT TROUBLE TICKET BLAH BLAH BLAH..40 HOURS LATER STILL NOTHING...MY FRIENDS WITH BB IN AREA WORKING FINE,
    I AM IN CHICAGO AREA...ANY OTHERS OUT THERE?
    03-15-09 08:56 AM
    when verizon gives you an actual time of when somethings supposed to be fixed. ITS NEVER GOING TO BE FIXED in the time they say.
    03-15-09 09:01 AM
    mine did the same thing 2 days ago but now its working
    03-15-09 09:01 AM
    It was reported that most of the networks were having problems since friday the 13th

check it out -- BlackBerry data network issues, Friday the 13th, coindidence? | BlackBerryNews.com
    03-15-09 09:03 AM
    Yes there was an email outage Friday it should get resolved if it hasn't already but it caused problems with email and initial set up of Blackberrys
    03-15-09 09:03 AM
    i never lost access to email, but the weird thing is all the email that was coming in said it was sent from 2006! weird!
    03-15-09 09:04 AM
    I had a customer in the store on Thursday whose calendar kept bringing up an appt. from 1896. It was kinda creepy!
    03-15-09 09:05 AM
    when verizon gives you an actual time of when somethings supposed to be fixed. ITS NEVER GOING TO BE FIXED in the time they say.
    That is true. Most of the Verizon issues I have had over the years were resolved before the ETR date
    03-15-09 09:08 AM
    I had a customer in the store on Thursday whose calendar kept bringing up an appt. from 1896. It was kinda creepy!
    LOL that is creepy!
    03-15-09 09:09 AM
    HAVE NEW STORM FOR 10 DAYS NOW...FOR THE MOST PART LOVE IT TILL THE EMAIL QUIT TWO DAYS AGO...BOTH SEND AND RECEIVE..CUSTOMER SERVICE TRIED EVERYTHING/SERVICE BOOKS ETC...THEN SAID THERE WAS AN ALERT FROM RIM THAT NETWORK WAS DOWN AND SHOULD HAVE IT RESOLVED WITHIN 48 HOURS...GOT TROUBLE TICKET BLAH BLAH BLAH..40 HOURS LATER STILL NOTHING...MY FRIENDS WITH BB IN AREA WORKING FINE,
    I AM IN CHICAGO AREA...ANY OTHERS OUT THERE?
    What OS are you running? If it were me I'd back up your stuff, wipe the device, reinstall the OS and possibly go to .109 then resend service books etc. Tech support usually isn't much help.
    03-15-09 09:20 AM
    What OS are you running? If it were me I'd back up your stuff, wipe the device, reinstall the OS and possibly go to .109 then resend service books etc. Tech support usually isn't much help.
    DUDE that would be a mistake, it was a known network issue. Why go through all that hassle?
    03-15-09 09:23 AM
    DUDE that would be a mistake, it was a known network issue. Why go through all that hassle?
    Because IT lies. I've seen them do that to several of my customers when in fact it was the device. The service ticket is their way of passing the buck and getting rid of you. Why would it be just his phone in his area then? The OP clearly said that his friend's blackberries in the same area were working just fine.
    03-15-09 09:44 AM
    quit screaming (all caps)????

Mine was not working a couple days ago but now it is fine also.
    03-15-09 09:49 AM
    on friday i had 20 emails show up from 2-4 years ago. marked as unopened. they have long been read and since have been gathering e-dust in my hotmail. i thought it strange. nothing since.
    03-15-09 09:55 AM
    thanks for replies...I will give it till tomorrow..72 hours to start working again..then I am returning to verizon store..fix on the spot or exchange.
    03-15-09 10:01 AM
    I've never had a problem with email through google. Maybe if verizon is giving you issues you can set up an email account with google, or yahoo?
    03-15-09 10:03 AM
    Your email should be working again by now. If it is not, I would wipe my currect accounts and set them up again.

If that does not correct the problem, you may have a devise problem.
    03-15-09 10:09 AM
    Dam mines stop working thrusday march 12th and its still not working.. I'm in PA, Poconos Maybe i have to reset , if so how ..
    03-15-09 10:28 AM
    Hey man I live in Chicago too and haven;t had any issues. Very weird
    03-15-09 11:25 AM
    Because IT lies. I've seen them do that to several of my customers when in fact it was the device. The service ticket is their way of passing the buck and getting rid of you. Why would it be just his phone in his area then? The OP clearly said that his friend's blackberries in the same area were working just fine.
    Yeah IT does lie, but more often they just don't know The techs might of made a ticket/work order to get off the call since they didn't/couldn't fix the issue. My rep advised me of the issue via email on Saturday so if the OP called on Friday perhaps not all reps were up to speed yet
    03-16-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD