It is rumored that the Storm 3 will be a mild update but that there will not be any significant changes until the 4th generation hits in 2011. It is rumored that the Storm3 will launch in October with a faster processor, more memory and yet another version of the sure press technology. It will also offer hotspot functionality. I really wish RIM would increase the screen size and give us a true touch screen like the new Torch and the iPhone. But - right now what they need to do is increase the screen resolution while bumping the size to 4".

All that said - I am looking forward to having wifi and more memor/ram. It will be nice to have a more responsive and faster Storm while I wait to see what RIM has planned for the future. I am prepared to be disapointed though. I am surprised though that there have been minimal leaks about the S3. Last year this time it seems like S2 data was dropping all the time - with all the talk about the new screen technology.

I actually like, in fact, LOVE, the surepress clicky screen of my Storm. I've had touchscreen phones in the past and though I could type relatively fast on them, I can type must faster on the Storm with the tactile screen.

I hope RIM doesn't move away from the surepress click screen. It's what gives the Storm line its identity.
    Last edited by johntkong; 09-02-10 at 08:20 AM. Reason: grammar
    09-02-10 08:19 AM
    Kind of wondering how some people here have been through so many storms....not trying to "chirp" any of you, but wow. Did not realize the storm could give people so many problems. I have had the same storm 9530 for about 2 years now, never replaced, and have never run into such a major issue that it needed to be replaced....just saying.
    09-02-10 12:46 PM
    I got an S2 as a replacement for my S1 several months ago - and it was the CS that gave me the choice of phones after getting 2 malfunctioning S1's through Assurion (I had a total of 4 phones in 3 days). I won't bore you with the details, but I will say that politeness with CS is a must for them to offer a phone thats not in your contract - and that it IS possible!
    09-02-10 01:43 PM
    if you have been thru 11 storms the user probably needs replaced....
    Aww Jeez, Not This **** Again!
    09-02-10 01:46 PM
    When a device is at EOL they don't mind giving them away. The curve 8530 is free now. Same idea for Storm2: can't sell 'em? give 'em away!
    09-02-10 01:51 PM
    Kind of wondering how some people here have been through so many storms....not trying to "chirp" any of you, but wow. Did not realize the storm could give people so many problems. I have had the same storm 9530 for about 2 years now, never replaced, and have never run into such a major issue that it needed to be replaced....just saying.
    There were alot of these phones sold (S1) - and a few had some genuine issues, but most were good to go (including the one I had).

I dropped mine onto a concrete driveway and scratched the bezel, small area of screen and the top and bottom plates - that was it! The phone worked flawlessly for months after that...it was me that got annoyed with the scratches and attempted to replace the housing (another story all together...lol)

I read so many posts that turned out to be user error...not the phone, and alot of nit-picking issues that people were finding

The S1 was a solid phone, but the S2 definately blows it out of the water...IMO
    09-02-10 01:52 PM
    I'm sorry that many of you think my problems with the past 10 Blackberry Storms were user error, but I don't believe my issues are user error. The last Storm I had dropped calls CONSTANTLY (this was in every corner of the nation), that problem was resolved with my latest handset. 2 or 3 of of my Storms crashed and refused to reboot... Keep in mind, I hardly have any applications on my phone, as the available memory does not allow for it. The other phones simply would not click on buttons because the screen had tightened up so bad. But of course, this design flaw was my error.

I must say, though, my latest replacement has been the absolute best at clicking. It almost clicks TOO easily.... But it's only been 6 weeks, I'm sure that will change.

My problems will be over soon.... My T-Mobile SIM is on the way and I'm going to sell this Storm before it develops problems. I will be getting another Blackberry, but only until an Android phone comes out that suppports Wifi calling.

I'm done supporting this company (Verizon)... Ever since they purchased Alltel, I am simply a customer with a wallet. And even though I haven't received my bill yet, I'm sure they consider me "past due."
    09-05-10 08:54 AM
    Getting a S2 for an S1 and being happy about it is like getting a new hand grenade for an older hand grenade. Both suck. Oh, don't forget to wait for an upgrade so your S2 works right. LMAO
    09-06-10 02:25 PM
    I'm an original Storm 1 owner who's still using a Storm 1. I would still have my original one except that I wore out the headset jack and had the phone replaced. I've used nothing but "official" Verizon S/W releases. The phone does everything I need it to do. MP3 player for my audio books, I watch movies, read e-books, check email, surf the web on occasion - AND I get excellent battery life. I dropped it the other day and cracked the screen so I'll be getting an Insurance replacement tomorrow. Whether it's a S1 or an S2 I'll be happy. I don't dump "tools" just 'cuz the latest and greatest is out. If it works I keep it until the wheels fall off...
    09-08-10 10:24 PM
    Trouble is, neither the Storm 1 or 2 have ever worked right. If you keep something until the wheels fall of, doesn't have to work first?
    09-09-10 03:40 AM
    Just called VZW about not receiving MMS on my S1. Have a ticket now with tier 3 support. Same thing happened to a co-worker, and they replaced their S2 with a new S2. Hoping perhaps they give me a S2 as a replacement. We'll see.
    09-09-10 12:02 PM
    Sooooo.... Mr. Storm decided it was going to crap out on me on a super busy weekend when I needed my phone the most. It randomly rebooted and just continuously cycled before even getting to the Blackberry startup screen.

I was furious. I almost couldn't sleep that night.

I called Verizon the next day and was demanding a different phone (I apologized to the representative because she was so friendly and I was letting out all my anger on her). I told her I would NOT accept another Storm 1, and if they do not put me in a different phone, I was porting my number out Monday morning (and told her it was not just a threat, I was actually doing it). She transferred me to technical support and I told that woman the same thing.

They both tried to get me to use my upgrade and I said absolutely not... I would not pay another $200 for a phone and would not agree to a $350 early termination fee.... I paid for insurance and wanted my phone replaced, I don't care if it's refurbished.

So without any further questions, she called my local Verizon store and had them set aside a Storm 2 for me to pick up for free.

And after all that, I am still switching to T-Mobile.... (sorry Verizon)
    09-12-10 08:36 PM
    verizon wont miss you, sorry
    09-12-10 08:42 PM
    verizon wont miss you, sorry
    Why are you being an apologist for Verizon? And why do you keep casting aspersions on me?

I don't care if Verizon misses me or not, I know I will not miss them. Ever since they purchased Alltel, They have become just like Cingular after they purchased AT&T Wireless... greedy. All of their benefits for their loyal customers have vanished and I do not want to support a company like that anymore.

If you want to support a company who only cares about getting your money, that's your prerogative. But don't make derogatory comments towards me because I decided to take my money elsewhere.
    09-13-10 11:40 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD