Does anyone know if updating firmware to a Storm, used on a T-Mobile network, will be/is safe for the phone and/or contents and if there is an actual update floating around that speeds up the OS?

Thank you in advance.
    02-02-10 08:04 PM
    It is usually safe to install the latest released OS for any phone. I say "usually" because errors can happen that can make your phone inoperable, regardless of the experience or skill level of the user. Updating the OS will never relock an unlocked BlackBerry. You don't have to worry about that. But fatal errors occasionally happen. And sometimes the latest release isn't an improvement over an earlier version, or the bugs it introduces may outweigh in your mind the bugs it fixes and the enhancements it offers.
    02-02-10 09:29 PM
    Great! Hey thanks Jeff! Wish I knew how those potential trade offs related to the specs on this phone. Maybe I can do a search on that? So the fatal errors only happen though, if you try to upgrade?
    02-06-10 09:31 AM
    Unfortunately, you can occasionally get a fatal error simply from installing an app. That's currently a problem for Tours running OS 4.7. It don't know that it's a particular risk for your phone. You can usually read about OS problems in the Forums and get a good idea if you want to try one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD