who do you think will debut their phone first - verizon storm or att bold?
    10-03-08 03:03 PM
    My vote is for the Storm.... with the huge Bold delay it makes me think that Verizon outpaid and outplayed ATT to get RIM to focus on the Storm.
    10-03-08 03:07 PM
    It's not so much a race, but I believe the Bold will launch before the Storm.
    10-03-08 03:19 PM
    storm even if bold launches on at&t you still have horrible service
    10-03-08 03:22 PM
    I'm going to cry if the Storm comes out before the Bold.

The Bold has been pushed back for how long now?

And How long have we been hearing about the Storm?

Not Nearly as much as the Bold, thats for sure.
    10-03-08 03:25 PM
    Thats Subjective.
    10-03-08 03:26 PM
    Maybe you should know what you talk about before you make a blanket statement like that. It only shows how much you don't know.
    10-03-08 03:26 PM
    Solid input, solid. Must have posted between nap time and recess

I believe the Bold will be here first, but I believe Verizon releasing the storm will make AT&T work faster to get it done.
    10-03-08 03:42 PM
    I definitely foresee the Bold launching first. However, I would definitely not call this a race. The two devices appear to be completely different, and for a comparison to be made outside of the fact that they are both RIM products is unfair. The Bold definitely more or less stays in the line of a traditional Blackberry business tool, while the Storm seems to have more of an emphasis on media purposes. They are both great devices, just very different.
    10-03-08 03:45 PM
    Maybe you should know what you talk about before you make a blanket statement like that. It only shows how much you don't know.
    Well, I dont mean to pull out the facts, but I guess I will. JD Power and Associates rated Verizon Wireless as the best overall cell provider in America...including service, customer support, etc. Also, year after year, Consumer Reports (my Bible) rates Verizon as the number one cell provider. AT&T is usually in the 3rd or 4th place spot after Alltel and T-Mobile. There is a reason Apple went to Verizon first with the iPhone. Verizon was just to stubborn...
    10-03-08 03:45 PM
    Just because they have the "best cell provider" award doesnt mean they have the best cellular network.

All that just depends on area.

T-Mobile wins a number of those awards, and in my book they fall behind when it comes to cellular coverage.

So Just because they [Verizon] have nice little plaques on their walls, doesn't mean their superior.

If we say that Verizon has the Best cellular coverage, I'd like to see how they perform in areas such as Turks and Caicos, or the Dominican Republic, or Costa Rica.

They Don't.

AT&T is superior on a global scale.

Which Trumps Verizons American Based "Superior" Service.

"Hey everyone! I'm Verizon Wireless, I work great- But only use me ->HERE<-"
    10-03-08 03:53 PM
    Please do not turn this into another carrier war! They are really starting to very very old.
    Last edited by addict83; 10-03-08 at 04:02 PM.
    10-03-08 03:59 PM
    why was the bold delayed?
    10-03-08 04:03 PM
    People get very emotional about their carriers, sheesh. Allz I know is, I tried ATT 2 years ago and was severely disappointed. It may have improved since then in the Detroit area, but I'm pretty sure I've heard a ton more complaints about ATT service than Verizon service in my experiences.
    10-03-08 04:04 PM
    People get very emotional about their carriers, sheesh. Allz I know is, I tried ATT 2 years ago and was severely disappointed. It may have improved since then in the Detroit area, but I'm pretty sure I've heard a ton more complaints about ATT service than Verizon service in my experiences.
    You are correct, they do, and I have never understood why. That would be like me getting upset because someone drives a different make of car than me. In all honestly, who cares? AGAIN - it comes down to what works best for us PERSONALLY. I love Verizon, you may not. I don't really like Tmobile, you may love them. I don't give two poops about who has the most awards, who JD Power & Associates says is best, or who your grandmother prefers. I know what works for ME, and that is all that matters.
    10-03-08 04:07 PM
    I don't care about carriers at all.

I change carriers as often as I do my underwear.

I just hate people down talking other carriers.

ALL CARRIERS SUCK.
    10-03-08 04:12 PM
    I don't care about carriers at all.

I change carriers as often as I do my underwear.

I just hate people down talking other carriers.

ALL CARRIERS SUCK.
    Lol. That is one way to look at it.
    10-03-08 04:14 PM
    hahaha yea, thats what makes me feel better about my carrier choice.

They all suck, but who can offer me the cooler phone?
    10-03-08 04:17 PM
    Well, from the post in the blog that was put up, I'd have to say VZW!
    10-03-08 04:21 PM
    Well, I dont mean to pull out the facts, but I guess I will. JD Power and Associates rated Verizon Wireless as the best overall cell provider in America...including service, customer support, etc. Also, year after year, Consumer Reports (my Bible) rates Verizon as the number one cell provider. AT&T is usually in the 3rd or 4th place spot after Alltel and T-Mobile. There is a reason Apple went to Verizon first with the iPhone. Verizon was just to stubborn...
    Just because AT&T wasn't ranked first doesn't mean their service is horrible. And when you all or whoever says that, only proves their ignorance.
    10-03-08 04:28 PM
    Just because AT&T wasn't ranked first doesn't mean their service is horrible. And when you all or whoever says that, only proves their ignorance.
    Right On Crucial
    10-03-08 04:31 PM
    All righty then, back on topic eh? With the official RIM statement that came out more or less sounding like ATT is taking some sweet time testing this Bold (and perhaps sending it back to RIM for some work?) it's beginning to sound to me like VZW Storm first and ATT Bold second. And I *will* test drive a Storm. Probably not so on the Bold.
    10-03-08 05:52 PM
    Based on the threads here is CB from credible sources, I would say the Bold will launch before the Storm. Then I read this article from BGR, and although sarcastic, I can't help but think some of what is said is true.

RIM CEO says AT&#038;T still testing Blackberry Bold : Boy Genius Report
    10-03-08 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD