I'm bringing this up because the WOW factors for the Verizon Blackberry Storm mentioned Vcast Mobile TV. However, now, CNET Editor, Bonnie Cha, has stated that the Blackberry Storm for Verizon will have support for Vcast Mobile TV after she had a hands on demo from VZW and RIM.

RIM BlackBerry Storm Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

"Features
    Don't be fooled; the RIM BlackBerry Storm is more than just a pretty face. As far as phone features, the Storm, like the RIM BlackBerry 8830 World Edition, offers dual-mode functionality. This means the phone switches automatically between CDMA and GSM networks to offer seamless international roaming--all while keeping the same phone number. (Note that the phone does not support domestic GSM bands, and a SIM card is included in the box.) It also works on Verizon's EV-DO Rev. A network as well as Europe's 2100MHz UMTS/HSDPA band. There's a full HTML Web browser (no Flash), and the Storm will also support Verizon's V Cast Music and Mobile TV services, though not immediately at launch"

Can anyone confirm this?
    10-11-08 09:47 PM
    VCast tv =/= Mediaflo
    10-11-08 11:55 PM
    Btw your avatar is creepy... everytime I look at it, still creepy!

Vcast is live tv or recorded tv?

Duvi
    10-12-08 12:11 AM
    VCast tv =/= Mediaflo
    Dude, I know that vcast tv and mediaflo is the same thing lol. ATT has it now, and they call it, Mobile TV. The point of my initial post was that both the Wow factors, and CNET are stating that the 9530 will have VCAST Mobile TV, and wondering if anyone has any info to dispute and validate that.
    10-12-08 08:08 AM
    Btw your avatar is creepy... everytime I look at it, still creepy!

Vcast is live tv or recorded tv?

Duvi
    LOL, Michael is not creepy, he/she/it is some sort of human being according to scientists. Vcast TV is both live and recorded tv, same as AT&T's Mobile TV for the LG VU/Samsung Access, using MediaFlo.
    10-12-08 08:09 AM
    I'm bringing this up because the WOW factors for the Verizon Blackberry Storm mentioned Vcast Mobile TV. However, now, CNET Editor, Bonnie Cha, has stated that the Blackberry Storm for Verizon will have support for Vcast Mobile TV after she had a hands on demo from VZW and RIM.

RIM BlackBerry Storm Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

"Features
    Don't be fooled; the RIM BlackBerry Storm is more than just a pretty face. As far as phone features, the Storm, like the RIM BlackBerry 8830 World Edition, offers dual-mode functionality. This means the phone switches automatically between CDMA and GSM networks to offer seamless international roaming--all while keeping the same phone number. (Note that the phone does not support domestic GSM bands, and a SIM card is included in the box.) It also works on Verizon's EV-DO Rev. A network as well as Europe's 2100MHz UMTS/HSDPA band. There's a full HTML Web browser (no Flash), and the Storm will also support Verizon's V Cast Music and Mobile TV services, though not immediately at launch"

Can anyone confirm this?
    What are you wanting confirmed Sir Brian???
    10-12-08 08:16 AM
    What are you wanting confirmed Sir Brian???
    Lol, I want to know if it actually will have Vcast Tv/MediaFlo. Support in the near future, or is that incorrect information?
    10-12-08 08:44 AM
    im happy well have espnmvp and vcast but i doubt well have have live Tv. atleast not on this version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 11:31 AM
    Lol, I want to know if it actually will have Vcast Tv/MediaFlo. Support in the near future, or is that incorrect information?
    I think she's confused. She must be thinking about the VCAST video clips not VCAST Mobile TV/Mediaflo. None of the specs i've seen say the Storm has the tuner for Mediaflo. Unless Verizon will enable streaming of Mediaflo to smartphones like they recently did of VCAST video clips. I'm not even sure if they can do that.
    Last edited by matrix2004; 10-12-08 at 03:50 PM.
    10-12-08 03:46 PM
    Anything new on this subject?
    02-18-09 10:36 AM
    wait we can get VCAST video now? when did that happen? thought we couldnt...
    02-18-09 10:53 AM
    wait we can get VCAST video now? when did that happen? thought we couldnt...
    as far as i know, we still cant :-(
    02-18-09 10:57 AM
    as far as i know, we still cant :-(
    ok have we always been able to watch vcast videos? cuz I just went on there, and watched some... but I thought we couldnt... BUT I DID!!

not live tv, but the VCAST videos (I watched Secret Squirrel personally, classic)

can anyone confirm that we couldnt b4 but now we can... oorr.. weve always been able to and I'm just naive
    02-18-09 11:09 AM
    ok have we always been able to watch vcast videos? cuz I just went on there, and watched some... but I thought we couldnt... BUT I DID!!

not live tv, but the VCAST videos (I watched Secret Squirrel personally, classic)

can anyone confirm that we couldnt b4 but now we can... oorr.. weve always been able to and I'm just naive
    I believe Verizon started allowing Vcast Video(not tv) to be streamed to its smartphones a couple of months before the Storm was released.
    02-18-09 11:15 AM
    Mobile tv on the Storm would be sa-weet!
    02-18-09 11:27 AM
    I believe Verizon started allowing Vcast Video(not tv) to be streamed to its smartphones a couple of months before the Storm was released.
    all i know is ive had it since launch....although its a pain to get to
    02-18-09 11:43 AM
    So how do you get to it?
    02-18-09 01:21 PM
    who has vcast on the storm?
    04-22-09 01:01 AM
    It sorta has vcast, it haste music and they have some video support on the portal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 01:42 AM
    does vcast have shows on there yet?
    04-22-09 01:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD