sometimes i notice that my storms back light varies between two settings, either the 'normal' setting or one that is a bit dimmer than my normal setting - is there any reason why this might be happening or has anyone experienced this before?
    06-24-09 08:14 PM
    sometimes i notice that my storms back light varies between two settings, either the 'normal' setting or one that is a bit dimmer than my normal setting - is there any reason why this might be happening or has anyone experienced this before?
    Depends on the ambient light available. The backlight will adjust depending on the lighting conditions. If it's bright out, the screen will brighten. If dark(er), the screen will dim. If the ambient light is changing fairly rapidly, then so will the screen. The sensor is in the same area as the LED's. You can disable it, Options > Screen/Keyboard.
    06-24-09 08:19 PM
    awesome thanks, i am assuming the 'automatically dim backlight' is what you are referring to? i never thought that was the cause, thanks!
    06-24-09 08:34 PM
    Yep, "Automatically Dim Backlight" is what I was referring to and it's probably the culprit. For me though, I have that option on and screen brightness set to 30%. Find it works best for me .
    06-24-09 08:46 PM
    You gotta watch where you are holding your hands when in landscape mode. The light sensor is where your LED is on the top right of the phone. If you cover that you will see your display dimming and un-dimming as well.
    06-24-09 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD