I recently aquired an unlocked blackberry storm 9530 for use on AT&T network. Is there a way to call at&t customer service and get them to send things to my phone to get it fully set up on the AT&T Edge network?
    06-21-09 07:32 PM
    AT&T will not help you but you can do it yourself if you follow the instructions in this thread.
    06-21-09 07:34 PM
    Alright thank you very much. Also i was wondering if there was a way to get rid of the verizon screens and startup logo and what not, and replace it with AT&T type stuff?
    06-21-09 07:57 PM
    Alright thank you very much. Also i was wondering if there was a way to get rid of the verizon screens and startup logo and what not, and replace it with AT&T type stuff?
    No way for you to change that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 08:05 PM
    Is it going to cost me money to set up an email account with blackberry and at&t? also is it going to let me send mms messages?
    06-21-09 08:34 PM
    Is it going to cost me money to set up an email account with blackberry and at&t? also is it going to let me send mms messages?
    It's $30 for a BIS (personal) plan and $45 for a BES (Enterprise) plan. It's a monthly fee, and it does allow you to use MMS and you can also add up to 10 email accounts to the device.
    06-21-09 08:38 PM
    It's $30 for a BIS (personal) plan and $45 for a BES (Enterprise) plan. It's a monthly fee, and it does allow you to use MMS and you can also add up to 10 email accounts to the device.
    So while using this unlocked blackberry i need to pay to send picture messages and stuff like that, where as with an other phone from AT&T don't need to pay for sending picture messages?
    Last edited by redsoxguy676; 06-21-09 at 08:52 PM.
    06-21-09 08:44 PM
    So while using this unlocked blackberry i need to pay to send picture messages and stuff like that, where as with an AT&T blackberry i don't need to pay for sending picture messages?
    You have to pay no matter what phone and what service provider you have. Read the forum and especially read what is provided for your ATT plan on ATT website. These questions you are asking are very simple if would take the time to read.
    06-21-09 08:52 PM
    You have to pay no matter what phone and what service provider you have. Read the forum and especially read what is provided for your ATT plan on ATT website. These questions you are asking are very simple if would take the time to read.
    I'll try to explain myself a little better so I try not to look like a loser. With ATT I had a samsung eternity. When using that I could send stuff to my email account without getting charged for using data. I.E. sending a picture I took to facebook or my e-mail account or something like that. But now if I want to try to do that using a blackberry I have to have the $30 a month data plan? Am I correct when i say that?
    06-21-09 08:54 PM
    I'll try to explain myself a little better so I try not to look like a loser. With ATT I had a samsung eternity. When using that I could send stuff to my email account without getting charged for using data. I.E. sending a picture I took to facebook or my e-mail account or something like that. But now if I want to try to do that using a blackberry I have to have the $30 a month data plan? Am I correct when i say that?
    You have to pay whenever you send stuff like MMS/SMS/Email no matter what. You either pay for a plan be it just text messages, or for internet or you pay per use. No matter what you will have to do so.
    06-21-09 08:59 PM
    You have to pay whenever you send stuff like MMS/SMS/Email no matter what. You either pay for a plan be it just text messages, or for internet or you pay per use. No matter what you will have to do so.
    That's what I mean. I do have the $20 a month unlimited texting plan from ATT. That includes unlimited picture messaging as well. That is what I am trying to understand how to get it working on my phone, without having to get the blackberry data plan.
    06-21-09 09:02 PM
    That's what I mean. I do have the $20 a month unlimited texting plan from ATT. That includes unlimited picture messaging as well. That is what I am trying to understand how to get it working on my phone, without having to get the blackberry data plan.
    Well, did you read the how to: for getting everything to work on ATT? That is in the FAQ thread second from the top. As far as the $20 texting plan I have the family unlimited and I dont try to send any MMS. It is supposed to be included to send but I believe I was charged after I got rid of my BB data plan. You would want the BB data plan no matter what IMO.
    06-21-09 09:09 PM
    Well, did you read the how to: for getting everything to work on ATT? That is in the FAQ thread second from the top. As far as the $20 texting plan I have the family unlimited and I dont try to send any MMS. It is supposed to be included to send but I believe I was charged after I got rid of my BB data plan. You would want the BB data plan no matter what IMO.
    I think I am going to get rid of this blackberry asap if I can not take advantage of MMS without a separate plan.
    06-21-09 09:10 PM
    I think I am going to get rid of this blackberry asap if I can not take advantage of MMS without a separate plan.
    Im not saying you cant, just saying it should be included in the Unlimitied SMS plan through ATT. Obviously that does not include internet so if you were able to upload a photo to Facebook was that picture sent by your phone or through your computer? I would call ATT to make sure you wouldnt have any issues. Just say you are looking at getting a BB and want to know if you need the data plan to send MMS. Like I said it should be included but I know I got charged one time.
    06-21-09 09:13 PM
    Im not saying you cant, just saying it should be included in the Unlimitied SMS plan through ATT. Obviously that does not include internet so if you were able to upload a photo to Facebook was that picture sent by your phone or through your computer? I would call ATT to make sure you wouldnt have any issues. Just say you are looking at getting a BB and want to know if you need the data plan to send MMS. Like I said it should be included but I know I got charged one time.
    Alright I guess I will give the customer service a phone call. But as for uploading a picture to facebook or something of the same genre, I have been doing that with my phone. While on my eternity I would take a picture, then choose the picture and choose to upload it to facebook in a sms message. I know I wasn't being charged for it since facebook lets you link your phone with your facebook account. I am only using the facebook thing as an example. But I have done it before with ATT, but just not having to have a blackberry e-mail address.
    06-21-09 09:16 PM
    Alright I guess I will give the customer service a phone call. But as for uploading a picture to facebook or something of the same genre, I have been doing that with my phone. While on my eternity I would take a picture, then choose the picture and choose to upload it to facebook in a sms message. I know I wasn't being charged for it since facebook lets you link your phone with your facebook account. I am only using the facebook thing as an example. But I have done it before with ATT, but just not having to have a blackberry e-mail address.
    Well you should be able to continue to do that if you were sending it as an MMS. But in order to even do that with the Storm you will have to do the how to: that I mentioned. Otherwise you have just a phone on ATT.
    06-21-09 09:22 PM
    Well you should be able to continue to do that if you were sending it as an MMS. But in order to even do that with the Storm you will have to do the how to: that I mentioned. Otherwise you have just a phone on ATT.
    I'm definitely not digging having to pay $30 a month for that haha.
    06-21-09 09:33 PM
    i stillcant call on my bb is there a way to do it
    04-16-11 11:07 PM
    ok i have a verizon storm 9530 thats unlock with an at&t sim card and the blackberry plan plus i have put in the at&t service books and everything works but i cant call with this phone is there away to make phone calls at&t said it cant be done with this phone
    04-16-11 11:20 PM
    Sounds like it's not unlocked.
    04-17-11 07:04 AM
    i unlocked it and a can send sms and mms but just dont make calls
    04-17-11 09:34 AM
    and in my sim card file in setup it says network is inactive witch if im right that means it is unlocked correct and ideas on what i should do or try is there any settings i should change thanks
    04-17-11 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD