Hello Everyone,

My band is going over to Europe to play a few shows in April and I just unlocked my Storm. I was actually shocked at how easy it was. Didn't even have to explain myself. So my question is what is the best prepaid sim card to buy in UK? We are doing 7 shows in UK and 1 in Paris, Belgium, and Germany. I would like to be able to talk/text/get email on my device/and hopefully tether my laptop to the storm. I know that last one will be tough but im spoiled. So does anyone have experience with this?

Hope everyone is doing well.

-KG
    02-21-09 07:55 PM
    Prepaid for email and tether not sure but I was in Germany before Xmas and was using Ortel Mobile sim for text and calls on a dumb phone. Local calls I think were about 0.35 or 0.45 euros a minute but the big plus was 0.15 to connect and 0.09 a minute to call Canada (Vancouver). I would think calls to the US would be about the same. Picked it up at E-Plus. Mine was 12.95 and it came with 10.00 werth of talk time. My buddy got one for 7.95 and it came with 5.00 of talk time. They have a web site so check it out. Good luck and have fun
    Last edited by ykc0196; 02-22-09 at 02:32 AM.
    02-22-09 01:52 AM
    Thanks for the info...Im gonna check out that site.

-KG
    02-22-09 09:34 AM
    Orange have got a 1200 Anytime Minutes (calls in the UK), 500 Texts and 500MB mobile internet browsing for twenty nine pounds.

My parents have got various SIM cards from different providers (Virgin (runs on the TMobile Network in the UK), Vodafone, O2 and Orange), in the UK as often there are special offers.

If any of the folks you're going to be calling in the USA have vonage, there are vonage local access numbers in the UK - that's how my parents call me. If not, I would be inclined to get a calling card!

Hope this helps.
    02-22-09 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD