I have an LG EnV, and some co-workers of mine have said that by using the the phone alot with it plugged in. The usb port will get super heated, soddering itself to the usb and if you were to attempt to take the usb out, the port would come out with it. Just wondering if using the Storm while plugged in would damage it in any way?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 12:52 PM
    I doubt it. I'm sure that wouldn't be the case especially since im sure people leave the phone charging for awhile when using GPS navigation.
    12-22-08 12:59 PM
    i highly doubt that. though i have noticed that my storm is considerably slower when i try to use it while it's being charged. anybody else notice this?
    12-22-08 01:00 PM
    That sounds like a complete load of crap. There just isn't enough power going through a USB cable to cause that kind of heat.

Now, what CAN happen without some kind of intelligent circuitry (of which I do not know if the Storm or EnV have) is a drastic shortening of your phone battery's life if you use it while plugged in. So it's generally inadvisable to use your phone while it's plugged in and charging.
    12-22-08 01:00 PM
    thats why they did a recall on LG Env 2s because they did this the storm doesn't do this
    12-22-08 01:01 PM
    no bigman2 its true the env 2 really does heat like that for some strange reason
    12-22-08 01:01 PM
    For me it has never been a problem. I use mine while plugged in all the time. Car charger, Wall charger and USB. never had an issue. A bit slower on occasion but that's it.
    12-22-08 01:05 PM
    Thanks guys! I personally have never had this issue, but just wondering.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD