Alright So I finally got the Storm and traded my Curve, and as of now I'm loving it...but I noticed one thing that I think shouldn't be happening... I'm able to access the Verizon App store ( I know theres only like 10 things) but still, I figured you wouldn't be able to. I'm running 4.7.0.75, I know its an old OS but I'm scared to upgrade it lol.. and it hasn't given me any problems.
    03-27-09 10:32 AM
    Yeah, don't run a leaked or beta'd OS now that I want to go back to my old OS from my leaked one it's starting to give me problems.
    03-27-09 10:47 AM
    Yeah, don't run a leaked or beta'd OS now that I want to go back to my old OS from my leaked one it's starting to give me problems.
    There are countless users here and elsewhere that are using leaked os's with no problems at all.

I've used them on every device.

4.5.0.77 for the curve was official and is nowhere near the newer betas or the sprint official one.

.113 (and many other) builds for the storm have wonderful feedback and are praised by many.

It is up to the user and their likes and dislikes of os's.

Please do not tell other users not to do something just because your having a problem that sounds like a user error to me.

Upgrading an os is very easy and there are great guides here on this site. Remember, you can easily recover a bricked blackberry anyway
    03-27-09 10:55 AM
    There are countless users here and elsewhere that are using leaked os's with no problems at all.

I've used them on every device.

4.5.0.77 for the curve was official and is nowhere near the newer betas or the sprint official one.

.113 (and many other) builds for the storm have wonderful feedback and are praised by many.

It is up to the user and their likes and dislikes of os's.

Please do not tell other users not to do something just because your having a problem that sounds like a user error to me.

Upgrading an os is very easy and there are great guides here on this site. Remember, you can easily recover a bricked blackberry anyway
    +1

You will love your Storm much more if you upgrade the OS. It is simple, and it is good to know how to do it.
    03-27-09 11:12 AM
    +1

You will love your Storm much more if you upgrade the OS. It is simple, and it is good to know how to do it.
    Yeah I already updated I'm running .113
    03-27-09 12:04 PM
    and I got the 16gb Memory card on eBay for $46 with free shipping. Time to put music, pics, and movies!
    03-27-09 12:05 PM
    I'm on tmobile using the new .113 but I had to replace the radio file with the .90 version because once again it wouldn't hold EDGE, hard to tell if there's any difference from the .103 I had though except for the neat text editing tool, but then again I have the same .90 radio file as before, I just wish they'd fix it in a newer OS so I don't have to keep making a hybrid OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 01:15 PM
    I'm on tmobile using the new .113 but I had to replace the radio file with the .90 version because once again it wouldn't hold EDGE, hard to tell if there's any difference from the .103 I had though except for the neat text editing tool, but then again I have the same .90 radio file as before, I just wish they'd fix it in a newer OS so I don't have to keep making a hybrid OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree. It is annoying to have to deal with this. On the bright side, atleast we can use the phone on T-Mobile!
    03-27-09 01:25 PM
    I have had trouble with hybrids on my storm with tmobile. I'm back to 75 and have good EDGE. I haven't tried 113 with the 90 radio code. Maybe tonight because I am bored.
    Hybrid V2 was good but not good signal. 113/114 hybrid was good for a few days except for the signal again and then I wasn't getting any radio signal. I couldn't really tell a difference between 113/114 and V2

I'm back to 75 and the signal is great. I haven't lost EDGE in 24 hours. I do miss the cut and paste feature.
    03-27-09 09:08 PM
    Well I'm running .113 and at first the only time it would go to edge would be when I used the browser but it seems to have fixed itself (I forgot to put the wap.voicestream.com) and now its been on EDGE for about 8 hours using BBM and the browser
    03-27-09 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD