i heard somewhere that there is an application that uses the storms touchscreen and displays a weight when items are placed on it???

is this true? if so what is it called and where can i get it?
    03-21-09 04:01 AM
    how would this work? The display has no way of weighing...it is either depressed or not. What were you going to weigh anyway? Crack? Was this a serious question?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 04:20 AM
    Might be a bit of a flaw in this idea - my screen cracked when I tried standing on mine. OK, so I put on a few pounds�

03-21-09 04:33 AM
    standing on yours, is that a serious comment or a joke?
    03-21-09 04:36 AM
    i am mainly wanting to see it to see if A: it's true that there is, and b: how it works. (assuming it did exist) - there was something for the iphone that weights things.
    03-21-09 04:48 AM
    Well, the way it would work is if the screen works like a pressure sensor. So the harder you press, the phone will register that pressure. All the program would do is calculate the corresponding weight to the pressure applied to the screen.
    03-21-09 04:54 AM
    not possible.
    there's nothing in the api that allows for it
    03-21-09 06:20 AM
    It has nothing to do with pressure measurement. It was something with the accelerometer. Don't recall the specifics, but you balanced the phone on your finger and placed the object you're weighing on the phone and it uses the accelerometer sensitivity. Some potheads were on here looking for it a month or two ago. Whatever...
    03-21-09 06:32 AM
    03-21-09 06:37 AM
    WHAT?????????
    i heard somewhere that there is an application that uses the storms touchscreen and displays a weight when items are placed on it???

is this true? if so what is it called and where can i get it?
    03-21-09 07:16 AM
    Are we selling drugs lol.

03-21-09 08:45 AM
    Well, the way it would work is if the screen works like a pressure sensor. So the harder you press, the phone will register that pressure. All the program would do is calculate the corresponding weight to the pressure applied to the screen.
    The screen is capacitive and not resistive/pressure-sensitive; beneath it is a push button that only registers click or not.

Now balancing and weighing with the accelerometer is a neat trick. I'll have to read more about it to believe it.
    03-21-09 08:53 AM
    Might be a bit of a flaw in this idea - my screen cracked when I tried standing on mine. OK, so I put on a few pounds�

Hahaha...did it tell you to get off before the screen broke? lol
    03-21-09 08:58 AM
    Weigh mine without the baggie, the baggie weighs a gram alone, a cellophane from a cigarette pack weighs a half gram, want to get my money's worth...

03-21-09 09:04 AM
    No wonder soooo many people have "dust" problems.
    03-21-09 09:08 AM
    Are we selling drugs lol.

03-21-09 11:56 AM
    yeah iphone might be better for that....when you went to slide "whatever" your weighing into the baggy some might get into the crack on the screen and you would never be able to get it to to go into sleep mode
    03-21-09 12:35 PM
    Actually iphone has a scale on it, it is possible for the storm. It uses the accelerometer. How the **** can you all say its not possible. Damn dontknowitalls.
    03-21-09 12:37 PM
    Dude! That would be SWEET! Now all I need is an app that will role my joint for me . . . anyone got plans to develope a joint rolling app?
    03-21-09 12:43 PM
    03-21-09 12:51 PM
    Are you sure that you are not thinking of using it as a level? That is possible.
    03-21-09 01:07 PM
    Are you sure that you are not thinking of using it as a level? That is possible.
    No he means a scale to measure "bud"
    03-21-09 01:09 PM
    Some people see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not?
    George Bernard Shaw
    03-21-09 01:15 PM
    That has got to be the funniest response I have ever seen on here! Not sure what use your phone would have as a scale, but then again, I hope to never have that need also.
    03-21-09 01:25 PM
    That has got to be the funniest response I have ever seen on here! Not sure what use your phone would have as a scale, but then again, I hope to never have that need also.
    Watch this and you tell me what the scale is for....

03-21-09 01:26 PM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD