I am logged into and using Yahoo, MSN, AIM, and Google IM all the time on my Storm. Is this using a lot of the phones resources? or is it fine?

Is there a better solution?

Thanks for your time!
    02-17-09 01:17 AM
    I really like BB Messenger. If any of your buddies have a Berry I would recommend using this.
    02-17-09 01:20 AM
    instango offers a free program, but it requires a constant connection, so you may drop in and out all the time.

jivetalk offers a program for $20 (single device) or $30 (single user) that works great, but is not storm ready yet. end of this month is estimated

shapeservices offers IM+ which is similar but is $50, but less popular.

All of these can interface with mulitple IM programs. I think there is one more free one out there, but I cannot remember what it is.
    02-17-09 01:22 AM
    I do use BB Messenger for my friends with a BB, which is most of my co workers. I do love that IM app and thats not changing.

My biggest question is if running all 4 apps is ok vs. getting one of those single apps? How big of a difference will be made, I believe I got a single user code for Jivetalk back when I had my Curve. Maybe ill try that when the Storm version is released.
    02-17-09 01:22 AM
    Its using a lot of memory but it should be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 01:39 AM
    Yeah give Instango a try it might help
    02-17-09 02:57 AM
    Something to note is the IM+ application by Shape Services offers IM push. So with that application you can be logged into all the listing services mentioned without draining your batter or memory resources. This also eliminates the need for a constant direct connection
    02-17-09 03:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD