I know that it comes with approximately double what is available with my Sprint Pearl - but what are people seeing as far as available memory with all of those apps loaded?
    I saw one person commented he/she had 25 megs left. I am not trying to start the memory leak thread but why does that seem a little low for the amount of memory it ships with. Yes, I know I can only count the 128 meg part and not the 1 gig part as what is available to me.
    What all has anyone deleted off of it and what amount of memory was freed up?
    Thanks.
    11-16-08 09:15 AM
    Im kinda curious to see what some people are running as well. I really hope that the storm isn't gonna be shipping with the same problems that the bold had when it was first released. It is something I could live with though knowing a simple OS upgrade would be the answer to the issue. I wanna see what people are sitting with after some memory optomization
    11-16-08 10:48 AM
    Since I am an application junkie and have a ton of contacts, I am worried about filling up the internal memory also. I have already been searching for a solution and I found out about the Aerize Card Loader, obviously they don't have a storm version yet, but it looks like an option. I need to do some more reading to see if people are having any issues, but it looks like their app allows you to store applications, contacts on the sd card. Can't post urls but just do a search on
    Aerize Card Loader
    11-16-08 11:02 AM
    Actually after doing a little more reading, it seems that this program swaps applications in and out of system memory. I doesn't actually allow you to run programs from your SD card. When you need to run an app, Aeirze copies the program into system memory, if you are low on resources, you will need to remove something. Still seems like a useful app and I might give it a try on the Storm once memory gets tight and there is a version for the Storm. Knowing me, that will probably be within the 1st six months. Memory is pretty cheap these days, not sure why they wouldn't have given the Storm at least 1 gig of internal memory.....
    11-16-08 11:50 AM
    oops. disregard this post. read something wrong.
    11-16-08 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD