hey guys, i love the storm, but i gotta say i would def benefit from a select all option in the menu for messages / emails / ect.. i like the way u can select multiple messages / emails / ect... but if u have a bunch in there its not to easy to select them all. it seems like a simple thing to accomplish for RIMs developers and im kinda suprised its not already implemented. anywho jus thought i would share this. my 2 cents!
    02-04-09 12:17 PM
    Not a bad idea. I've wanted to do something like that once or twice...but decided its just as easy to sort through my email on a regular basis as not to really require that function.
    02-04-09 12:19 PM
    depends on what you are trying to do:

You can select a date and click delete prior or mark prior unread in the menu. This essentially selects all if you pick the newest date.
    02-04-09 12:23 PM
    depends on what you are trying to do:

You can select a date and click delete prior or mark prior unread in the menu. This essentially selects all if you pick the newest date.
    holy crap i didnt even know that was possible!!! thankx man!!! even tho that works perfect, i still would like a select all option, am i being to greedy?!?! lol!
    02-04-09 12:30 PM
    You may already know this and just not wanting to do this, but you can touch one message and then another at the same time and highlight numerous emails or texts. Is that something you are trying to do?
    02-04-09 12:34 PM
    You may already know this and just not wanting to do this, but you can touch one message and then another at the same time and highlight numerous emails or texts. Is that something you are trying to do?
    yea i know u can do this, but if u have like 10 days of messages and emails in there, u gotta sit and keep scrolling down till u get to the last message. where as with a select all it would be within 2 button presses!! but the tip given above works perfect!!
    02-04-09 12:37 PM
    Well if you do the trick where you hover a finger over the email/message, it will show all the ones related; this is the first part. The other part you may not know is you can then select, Delete Prior and it will delete all messages prior for only that which is on the screen, meaning it doesn't delete the rest. So if you are trying to delete a bunch of emails that you don't want, but have some you DO want to keep, just filter and select Delete Prior. I just tried it to confirm, so I know it works.
    02-04-09 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD