Haven't seen this on the boards but you really don't have to buy ringtones if you have music files on your Storm. You can assign songs in your music files as ringtones either for the main ringer, contact ringer, sms, etc. No matter where they are saved. If you want a certain part of the song as a ringer you would need an editor for the files though, the Storm plays them from the beginning.
    02-28-09 07:48 PM
    Haven't seen this on the boards but you really don't have to buy ringtones if you have music files on your Storm. You can assign songs in your music files as ringtones either for the main ringer, contact ringer, sms, etc. No matter where they are saved. If you want a certain part of the song as a ringer you would need an editor for the files though, the Storm plays them from the beginning.
    you can't buy ringtones through verizon with the storm, The customer service actually recommended me to use mp3's to make my ringtones, Here is a tip. Get some free audio editing software off the net, chop down whatever song you want to use to what part you like, then add a "fade in" and "fade out" to the beginning and end of that. It sounds amazing. And to keep the ringtones you made out of your music folder just create a folder called "ringtones" and place the edited files in there. Your BB will automatically then put them in the ringtones section of your media page. =)
    02-28-09 07:57 PM
    A really good and FREE editor is made by AVS technologies. They have all kinds of free editor and converters. They have a video converter for BB also

avs4you.com

Check them out...

Correction...there is a one time fee of $59 for unlimited access to all of their programs and a $39 fee for one year access.
    Last edited by sredd68; 02-28-09 at 08:22 PM.
    02-28-09 08:17 PM
    Audacity for making your own ringtones:
    Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder
    02-28-09 08:27 PM
    I just use adobe soundbooth to do my music stuff its easy too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 09:58 PM
    you are just now figuring this out?
    02-28-09 10:04 PM
    Not really news. You can do this on the pearl too.

02-28-09 10:10 PM
    I guess that's what I get for not reading...I bought a ring tone off of the verizon website. It works fine, but could have saved $2.99.
    02-28-09 10:12 PM
    I guess that's what I get for not reading...I bought a ring tone off of the verizon website. It works fine, but could have saved $2.99.
    At least you only bought one.
    02-28-09 10:17 PM
    Audacity for making your own ringtones:
    Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

I use the same thing, it is very easy to use and costs nothing.
    02-28-09 10:35 PM
    $2.99? That's highway robbery. A full song on Amazon/iTunes is <$1. Geez, well consider that a lesson learned.

+1 to Audacity. Best free audio editor available.
    02-28-09 10:38 PM
    Live and learn...
    03-02-09 10:29 PM
    how do you make calls vibrate only after you've assigned a ringtone?
    03-02-09 11:35 PM
    People still buy ring tones ?

03-02-09 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD