i get the message, "one of the USB devices on the computer has malfuncitioned and Windows does not recognize it." How do I resolve this? Thanks.
    05-20-09 08:27 AM
    i get the message, "one of the USB devices on the computer has malfuncitioned and Windows does not recognize it." How do I resolve this? Thanks.
    Are you using the mini-USB that came with your Storm? I encountered the same problem using a 3rd-party, mini-USB cable. The problem went away when I used the Blackberry cable.

-Steven
    05-20-09 10:49 AM
    Are you using the mini-USB that came with your Storm? I encountered the same problem using a 3rd-party, mini-USB cable. The problem went away when I used the Blackberry cable.

-Steven
    i was but the cleaning crew (mom) lost it so i bought the Motorola version cuz i needed one ASAP. it has worked great for me til recently. i thought that might be the case, but i just plugged the phone back on 2min ago and i got the prompt about going to Mass Storage Mode and i see the USB symbol on the taskbar. it however doesn't show in C:/ nor under DM.
    05-20-09 12:57 PM
    Well buy another ASAP designed for your blackberry. Does it produce the same results when plugged into the other USB ports?
    05-20-09 01:41 PM
    Same thing happened to me with the stock cable. Nothing will work on my laptop usb now. No issues on desktop

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 02:54 PM
    Well buy another ASAP designed for your blackberry. Does it produce the same results when plugged into the other USB ports?
    i would but, from what i hear, it will do the same. i have a buddy of mine who has the factory cable and he's having the same probs. i want to revert back to the .75OS to see if that solves it but i've put alot of stuff on my phone since the last sync. i've tried all 6 USB ports on my comp.
    05-20-09 03:35 PM
    Same thing happened to me with the stock cable. Nothing will work on my laptop usb now. No issues on desktop

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i'll try the desktop approach next.
    05-20-09 03:37 PM
    i installed DM on the desktop and that didn't get it either
    05-21-09 10:39 PM
    Make sure the USB drivers are installed, you can download them separately from RIM if you need to, also be sure to say no when asked to enable mass storage mode.
    05-21-09 10:53 PM
    I installed the seperate USB and Modem driver via BB website but it says that a newer version would i like to uninstall it. could this come with me installing DM? my device does show up only in the bluetooth configurations option of desktop manager, it doesn't in the computer folders nor in the DM main screen.
    05-27-09 07:41 PM
    Yes, DM will normally install drivers.

You might want to uninstall DM and then reinstall. I would suggest reinstalling DM 4.6
    05-27-09 08:41 PM
    I had the same problem. Did a little search (hint) and found the fix for it. dl the .rar file and follow the instruction. I did it and it worked
    Good Luck

Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - PinStack.com
    05-27-09 09:48 PM
    I had the same problem. Did a little search (hint) and found the fix for it. dl the .rar file and follow the instruction. I did it and it worked
    Good Luck

Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - PinStack.com
    so what he is saying is dload the link and select it thru the blackberry borwser?
    05-31-09 08:35 PM
    so what he is saying is dload the link and select it thru the blackberry borwser?
    Click the link on your PC, read the directions, download the file and you are good to go...
    05-31-09 08:53 PM
    Click the link on your PC, read the directions, download the file and you are good to go...
    k. i'll try again got the message that windows cannot open file.. use internet or find file etc...
    05-31-09 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD