I just got a message today to upgrade the phone, and it says that I need to clean the device memory to install the 15mb upgrade. The screen says to clear and/or delete files in the device memory to continue.
    I went into the options > memory folder, and under "Device Memory" I have 874.9MB free... WTFFFFFFF?!?!?!?!?!

can someone help me with this? Thanks.

P.S. This is my first blackberry.
    01-14-09 08:41 AM
    Its not your "device memory" that is the issue, but likely your "application memory"
    01-14-09 09:01 AM
    All it says is that I have 9.1MB of free space...
    There is no indication as to how much total space there is.

I have only activated the Word2Go/Excel2Go/Facebook applications that appear by default, and I haven't downloaded any applications from the web or other source.

Would I need to reformat the "Applications" tab?
    01-14-09 09:49 AM
    I just got a message today to upgrade the phone, and it says that I need to clean the device memory to install the 15mb upgrade. The screen says to clear and/or delete files in the device memory to continue.
    I went into the options > memory folder, and under "Device Memory" I have 874.9MB free... WTFFFFFFF?!?!?!?!?!

can someone help me with this? Thanks.

P.S. This is my first blackberry.
    This is a known issue. When I tried to upgrade, I would get the same message. I too checked my memory and seen that I also had 800+mb. WTF.

I then called customer support and the tech support guy ran me through it. He had me delete a certain file and then put it back in. I was then able upgrade once he had me delete the corrupted file and then reinstall it and restart my phone.

Call Verizon. It's what you pay for anyway, right.
    01-14-09 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD