Recieved a weird message in red font on my storm....Something about meeting up for drinks after work....from a Lisa something...

Weird part was that it only showed up in my messages....not in my e-mail folder or my sms/mms text folder...and was in a red font.....even the inital header...

Wondering if anyone else had gotten a similar message...
    01-05-09 09:37 PM
    Haha. Hadn't gotten that message. It's a Blackberry Messenger message ... kind of like BB's own IM service. You connect to each other thru PINs. The PIN is like your screen name. The messages from the BB Messenger show up in red. You should meet her! Maybe she likes you!
    01-05-09 09:39 PM
    Lisa is probably a perv in his mothers basement. Just throwin that out there haha.
    01-05-09 09:43 PM
    its a pin message NOT a blackberry messenger message
    lisa whoever is another person with a BB...its possible that she typed the wrong Pin # in her pin message and got you..
    01-05-09 09:47 PM
    I agree with mdude. Meet up with her. We expect a full report in the morning.
    01-05-09 09:48 PM
    lisa whoever is another person with a BB...its possible that she typed the wrong Pin # in her pin message and got you..
    either way..misewell check it out
    01-05-09 09:48 PM
    Haha. Hadn't gotten that message. It's a Blackberry Messenger message ... kind of like BB's own IM service. You connect to each other thru PINs. The PIN is like your screen name. The messages from the BB Messenger show up in red. You should meet her! Maybe she likes you!
    Or if it's not too late tonight how about that report before in the morning?
    01-05-09 09:55 PM
    Its a pin message. They are pointless with all the other messengers on a bb
    01-05-09 10:01 PM
    What is the difference between a PIN message and BB Messenger message?
    01-05-09 10:02 PM
    PIN her back and tell her you're deeply in love with her only if she makes good money and is willing to share!
    01-05-09 10:10 PM
    Yeah I'm pretty sure that one uses the blackberry messenger to send pin messages and that that's all it can send.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 10:14 PM
    Forget about her...give her my number!
    Last edited by Hiclimber; 01-05-09 at 10:21 PM.
    01-05-09 10:15 PM
    You forgot "pictures or it didn't happen"
    01-05-09 10:16 PM
    BB Messenger messages are a form of IM messaging, like AIM or Google Talk. PIN messages use the same BB ID, but are different in that they aren't really IM messages; instead, they are more like an typical TXT message (think SMS, but the message is sent over the data stream and it doesn't have the usual limitations of SMS).

-SR-
    01-05-09 10:28 PM
    a pin message is like an email that is from BB to BB using your pin number as the address...it goes from device to device and has nothing to do with your providers servers

a BB message is messages sent using BB messenger ..similar to AIM and the rest but BB messages are only from BB to BB
    01-05-09 10:29 PM
    And PIN messages are sent over Blackberry's network servers; not your provider's network, and are encrypted. They are obtainable with a warrant so don't be stupid with it, but PIN messages are in a sense encrypted SMS text messages that are sent from device to device.
    01-05-09 10:33 PM
    You forgot "pictures or it didn't happen"
    A good test of the quality of the Camera.
    01-05-09 10:37 PM
    Haha Thanks for clearing that up.....unfortunatly I erased the message as I didnt know what it was....next time though....full report
    01-06-09 04:39 AM
    BB Messenger messages are a form of IM messaging, like AIM or Google Talk. PIN messages use the same BB ID, but are different in that they aren't really IM messages; instead, they are more like an typical TXT message (think SMS, but the message is sent over the data stream and it doesn't have the usual limitations of SMS).

-SR-
    Ok, now I'm confused.
    I understand what a PIN message is. I have sent them to friends who have Blackberrys. They appear in red in your message folder. I like them because I don't get charged .20 for each since I don't have a text message plan.

But what the heck is a BlackBerry Messenger message. I have looked under the choices for friends with PINs and do not see that option. Is it a separate Application or something??

BTW, FYI, you can pull up your PIN number and send it to a friend by typing MYPIN in the body of your email or text message and then send it to another BB owner.
    01-06-09 06:24 AM
    A good test of the quality of the Camera.
    Well yea, mostly I was thinking it would be nice to see how the O.P. camera looks with indoor lighting.
    01-06-09 08:03 AM
    Ok, now I'm confused.
    I understand what a PIN message is. I have sent them to friends who have Blackberrys. They appear in red in your message folder. I like them because I don't get charged .20 for each since I don't have a text message plan.

But what the heck is a BlackBerry Messenger message. I have looked under the choices for friends with PINs and do not see that option. Is it a separate Application or something??
    Yes, it is a separate application. By default, I think it can be found in your Instant Messaging folder. (I'm not 100% sure, because I moved my BB Messenger icon to to home screen.)
    01-06-09 08:38 AM
    Ok, so now that we have cleared up the BB Messenger uses the PIN between BB's......I started getting the annoying "add buddy" messages in my BBM. From 2 different people and each sent about 5 times before they stopped. Is this common? Will it continue? No, I didnt give out my number and its never been on this site.
    01-07-09 08:34 PM
    Yes, it is a separate application. By default, I think it can be found in your Instant Messaging folder. (I'm not 100% sure, because I moved my BB Messenger icon to to home screen.)
    Isn't BB Messenger always running? Shouldn't need to launch it manually, right?
    01-07-09 09:34 PM
    But wait if he received a PIN and it has a name associated with it, wouldn't that mean that person is already a contact on his phone?

Sorry if this is a stupid questions, but this is my first BB.

Perhaps the OP has a replacement Storm that truly is a refurb and the Lisa person was messaging the person who owned the BB before the OP.
    01-07-09 10:08 PM
    dammit.. i knew she was cheating on me.......
    01-07-09 10:13 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD