Hey every,
    I have an unlocked blackberry storm. Using the desktop manager I have downloaded BB maps, but now where do I see them? how do I use my GPS without a data plan?
    05-05-09 03:46 AM
    I believe you'll need a dataplan to make the maps work. Can't see how the map would update itself as you move about...(to the best of my knowledge)
    05-05-09 04:04 AM
    Hey every,
    I have an unlocked blackberry storm. Using the desktop manager I have downloaded BB maps, but now where do I see them? how do I use my GPS without a data plan?
    Unfortunately the first reply is correct, BB maps requires a data connection to update. I have so far been unable to find a mapping program that will download the maps onto the SD card and access them that way, but if you find one please let me know.
    05-05-09 05:02 AM
    You need a data plan. If you dont have one, all you have is a phone>
    05-05-09 05:07 AM
    heard about some garmin app for 9.99 a month. Once I purchase that, do I still need to have a data plan?

Also, if I were to reset or update my phone software, would the unlock be cancelled?
    05-05-09 03:43 PM
    no you can't. Tmobile data plan is $24.99
    05-05-09 05:25 PM
    heard about some garmin app for 9.99 a month. Once I purchase that, do I still need to have a data plan?
    Yes, you'll still need a dataplan. $9.99 is to access their service and how you get to their service (data) is up to T-Mobile who would require you to have a data plan.
    05-05-09 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD