Okay, I bought a Storm 1 from a fellow Crackberry member and I got it today. It has everything set up right for running on AT&T network and I have all the settings set right, but for some reason it will not recognize any of my SIM cards.

I have put them in, done battery pulls, everything. I am getting reception from the AT&T network and it is set on GSM/UMTS. The phone just will not recognize my SIM.

When I go to options>advanced options>SIM Card, it says on top SIM Card: No Valid SIM Card.

And on top of the screen it says Insert SIM Card. I have switched mine over to my brother and dad's phones and it worked fine. The Storm won't recognize any of them, though. What is wrong and how do I fix it?

Thanks, Joseph.
    12-03-09 04:46 PM
    It was originally set up for the Verizon network if that matters
    12-03-09 05:19 PM
    for that very reason. First tried replacement SIM cards from Verizon but still didn't work. Then got a replacement Storm and unlocked it and it worked just fine - it was a hardware issue. Probably not what you wanted to hear though
    12-03-09 05:44 PM
    for that very reason. First tried replacement SIM cards from Verizon but still didn't work. Then got a replacement Storm and unlocked it and it worked just fine - it was a hardware issue. Probably not what you wanted to hear though
    Mine's definitely not a hardware issue, the person I bought it from used it on the AT&T network fine the day before I got it...
    12-03-09 06:50 PM
    bumppppppppppppppppp
    12-03-09 09:00 PM
    no offense but make sure you put the sim card in the right way cause i put it in wrong at first and it said no sim card and then i checked and i put it in the wrong way
    12-03-09 09:04 PM
    no offense but make sure you put the sim card in the right way cause i put it in wrong at first and it said no sim card and then i checked and i put it in the wrong way
    That's definitely not the problem either lol
    12-03-09 09:22 PM
    ok sry. do you have another phone to try the sim cards on
    12-03-09 10:30 PM
    ok sry. do you have another phone to try the sim cards on
    I tried 3 diff ones in this phone, all 3 from functioning phones... as I said in the original post.
    12-03-09 10:38 PM
    What are your settings again?

Options\Mobile Network\Network Technology is GSM/UMTS and Network Mode is 2G.

With the sim card in the phone, did you press the green talk key, dial ##000000, press the green talk key again. CDMA Service Edit Screen will appear. Under Mobile Directory Number:, enter your 10 digit phone #. Press the Blackberry key, highlight and press Save. Phone will reboot.

Try that and see what happens.
    12-03-09 11:06 PM
    Yep, I have had it set to GSM/UMTS and 3G&2G.

I did everything you said to do as far as dialing ##000000, but it still says Insert SIM Card at the top of the screen...

What are your settings again?

Options\Mobile Network\Network Technology is GSM/UMTS and Network Mode is 2G.

With the sim card in the phone, did you press the green talk key, dial ##000000, press the green talk key again. CDMA Service Edit Screen will appear. Under Mobile Directory Number:, enter your 10 digit phone #. Press the Blackberry key, highlight and press Save. Phone will reboot.

Try that and see what happens.
    12-04-09 11:02 AM
    Yep, I have had it set to GSM/UMTS and 3G&2G.

I did everything you said to do as far as dialing ##000000, but it still says Insert SIM Card at the top of the screen...
    I just bought a 9530, unlocked it and put the sim card in. What I suggested you do is what the unlock company told me to do. The top of my screen said "Activation Required." The ##000000 put "T-Mobile" on the screen. They also informed me that it must be set to 2G, not 3G&2G.

But if it says Insert Sim Card, it should just work. Sorry I can't help you further, I'm still in 1st grade as far as my knowledge on Storms.

btw, what os are you on? I updated to the 5.0.0.328 and everything is still working. I'm still keeping my 8320 for backup.
    12-04-09 12:26 PM
    This issue is either hardware related (no or weak contact with the SIM card) or software related (the OS was Shrunk and the SIM card drivers were not loaded). Not 10 minutes ago I called Verizon to unlock my Storm1, since I now have a Storm2. When I called I was getting the same error message, "no valid SIM". I remembered i used Shrink-a-OS to remove those options from the OS, so I had to put them back. Did that, then rebooted, nothing. After a Google search, I heard that some other people were having the same problems and they suggested using a Torq screw driver to tighten the screen (which I loosened when I first got the phone). Not having one with me, I simply place a Dime in the lower left hand corner of the battery, with a small portion sitting on the SIM card. This puts a little pressure on the SIM and makes sure that it connects on the contacts. Put the cover on restarted using QuickLaunch and now the phone recognizes the SIM. Called Verizon and got it unlocked!
    12-04-09 12:27 PM
    bump

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    12-05-09 12:32 PM
    I still haven't gotten this phone to function properly...
    12-06-09 12:02 PM
    Did the dime over the SIM card trick, it's working perfectly now
    12-07-09 12:21 PM
    Did the dime over the SIM card trick, it's working perfectly now
    Cool! I knew that would work!
    12-07-09 12:54 PM
    Cool! I knew that would work!
    Yep, I have an older SIM card. And the previous owner was using a 3G card that's a little bit thicker, so that was the problem.
    12-07-09 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD