How do I tell if my phone sim is unlocked? I recently went out of the country and had VZW unlock it so I could buy another sim card to put in it, but I ended up not using the phone at all so I am not sure if it worked? Is there any physical way to see if it worked? Any help, thanks.
    04-02-09 04:16 AM
    Options>Advanced Options>Sim Card
    Does it say SIM Card:Security Disabled
    at the top of the screen?
    And does the next line have
    ID: and a 19 digit number?
    Last edited by DIA.NSA.CIA; 04-02-09 at 07:34 AM.
    04-02-09 07:32 AM
    rs105

the easiest way to tell if your blackberry has been unlocked is to use a sim card from either att or tmobile
    although i do not believe you got your phone unlocked, all they did when you called verizon was to provision your phone for international roaming.
    Unless they gave you an unlock code and you gave them your imei number and all that jazz.
    DNA: i have to say that this information is wrong, blackberries with a sim card slot will have this information about the sim card regardless. sim card security can be enabled or disabled by the end user with or without unlocking said phone.

TO unlock your blackberry you must have sent your IMEI number to a service inorder for them to process it and to return you an unlock code, if this hasnt been done your phone is still locked. You may also call verizon and say you are going out of the country and need an unlock code for your blackberry because you wanna use a different simcard when you are out there so you wont have to pay the roaming charges. You must have had your phone for atleast 30 days to ensure your not just gonna leave them and go to tmobile or att.
    04-02-09 08:22 AM
    Ok, well I guess it worked then, my phone says security disabled. When I did the initial unlocking I had already given them all of that info, they told me to go to options>advanced>sim> and then type mepd and mep2 then what I am guessing was the unlock code which was around 16 digits. I have been with VZW for years, I doubt they would be worried that I would leave. Thanks
    04-02-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD