Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. badkisson's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default unlocked storm; can you switch back and forth between tmobile and vzw?

    If a storms esn is active on a verizon account, but you put in a sim chip and use the unlock code so it can work on tmobile... if you take the sim out will it reconnect with verizon?
  2. Prashil's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    94 Posts
    PIN
    THE TAIL ON THE DONKEY
    #2  

    Default

    Yes you can. I did a unlock so I can take it on my trip overseas and put in my Brother-in-law's att sim card and it worked fine. It said ATT and made calls using his number and had it register on the other person's caller ID. Took the sim out when I was done and went back to Verizon. Make sure you change the mobile network setting when you do the switch.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  3. jegdle's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prashil View Post
    Yes you can. I did a unlock so I can take it on my trip overseas and put in my Brother-in-law's att sim card and it worked fine. It said ATT and made calls using his number and had it register on the other person's caller ID. Took the sim out when I was done and went back to Verizon. Make sure you change the mobile network setting when you do the switch.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How can I change the mobile network settig? I just unlocked and I put a AT&T card and didn't work with my ATT number...kept working with Verizon....very strange because I made calls using the AT&T sim and appears the Verizon number....can you help me please?
  4. saleen032's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    184 Posts
    PIN
    304BBA8B
    #4  

    Default

    I have this setup on my Storm now..I have a second T-mobile number in case I wante dto give a different number to somebody I met...Youcan switch on the fly by going into Manage connections>mobile network options>Network technology>GSM/UMTS...this puts it into the sim card/T-Mobile number...Then to go back to Verizon, just change the Network technology back to 1XEV...viola....switching on the fly...you dont even have to take the SIM card out...
  5. Terrigno's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    This is actually really nice. I might get a line with AT&T for an extra line.
    From BlackBerry to Android and Back To BlackBerry. Thank you to the Bold 9930, which also brought me back on Verizon!
  6. jegdle's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saleen032 View Post
    I have this setup on my Storm now..I have a second T-mobile number in case I wante dto give a different number to somebody I met...Youcan switch on the fly by going into Manage connections>mobile network options>Network technology>GSM/UMTS...this puts it into the sim card/T-Mobile number...Then to go back to Verizon, just change the Network technology back to 1XEV...viola....switching on the fly...you dont even have to take the SIM card out...
    This is cool.....I did and worked perfectly....Thanks.....BTW question.....my contact list will work for both SIMs?
  7. Prashil's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    94 Posts
    PIN
    THE TAIL ON THE DONKEY
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jegdle View Post
    This is cool.....I did and worked perfectly....Thanks.....BTW question.....my contact list will work for both SIMs?
    sorry couldn't answer you sooner...but yes the contact list will be there for either line.
  8. richs10's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    481 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saleen032 View Post
    I have this setup on my Storm now..I have a second T-mobile number in case I wante dto give a different number to somebody I met...Youcan switch on the fly by going into Manage connections>mobile network options>Network technology>GSM/UMTS...this puts it into the sim card/T-Mobile number...Then to go back to Verizon, just change the Network technology back to 1XEV...viola....switching on the fly...you dont even have to take the SIM card out...
    Just so I'm clear on this, saleen...
    You are saying you can switch on the fly? If yes, I guess this means that the Verizon account info and number is not on the Sim card we get with the phone. And am I correct that you have a T-Mobile Sim that you leave in your phone? If so, that's great we can do this. I didn't think we could access Verizon without the Verizon Sim Card in the phone. This may open up some more options for an upcoming trip to Europe....

    Thanks, Rich
  9. WoBVR6T's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    71 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    the vz sime is some crap.. its useless. only needed if u want to use vz service overseas. I have a sim in mine from trinidad (prepaid) and i switch on the fly 25 secs or so and its switched... and when im done hit settings and switch back. no poppin sims.

    Caller id on there side shows the sim # but your phone shows you vz number. all contacts are there so no fumbling for numbers

Posting Permissions