since i heard the storm has a sim card can i just buy the phone and put my sim in it since i have at&t who do i need an unlocked 1? n will it work?
    01-02-09 12:24 AM
    It will work, however first you will need to unlock it. Then follow the directions in the tips and tricks forum under the storm heading. I am using the storm on AT&T with no problems.
    01-02-09 12:27 AM
    My friend works for Verizon and I asked him this question. And his reply was yes! My mother and sister work for AT&T, they both said yes but some of the functions the Strom has does not work for AT&T! Something to do with the software! But to answer this question is yes! Hope this helps
    01-02-09 12:28 AM
    It will work, however first you will need to unlock it. Then follow the directions in the tips and tricks forum under the storm heading. I am using the storm on AT&T with no problems.
    so whered u get it n how much did u buy it 4 cause i have the curve 4 att and am plannin on buying a new phone tomm if i should get the bold or i wanna go 2 verizon n try the storm 1st n if i should just switch 2 verizon depending on how i feel
    01-02-09 12:34 AM
    I would recomend switching to Verizon! I don't know what AT&T's service is like where you are at, But here in Northeast Oklahoma it is horrible! That's why I have Verizon and also the fact that my good friend is the Assiant Manager at the Verizon Corpatrate store in my area! I recomend Verizon to everyone!
    01-02-09 12:40 AM
    i recommend THE NETWORK, youll love it, once you switch you will never go back, take it for a 30 day test drive....if we are not the best carrier youve ever had take your number back to ATT and we will pay for all the calls you made within that month!you got nothing to lose...
    01-02-09 12:49 AM
    Well the cheapest and easiest way to unlock it is to be with Verizon and ask them for an unlock code. I got my phone unlocked in 10 minutes from the time I hit "Send" to the time I hit "End".
    01-02-09 12:59 AM
    Verizon does not really want to tell you the unlock code due to the fact some people may be willing to switch to other carriers! They will give you the run around on this issue! My phone was unlocked on the day I got it! Hence I also traded in my LG Dare or the VX 9700 for the Storm straight up! Good to have friends in certain postions! Very well said about the Verizon service try for the month if you don't like it take it back and they will pay for the calls!
    01-02-09 01:16 AM
    Verizon knows, I thought I was going to switch back but went to Verizon and wasted like 400 minutes testing it out the first 2 weeks and loved it ever since. Their CS is great too.

I didn't get any run around when I got my unlock code, they just asked why and I said I go over seas, then she went to get a rep to help me out, meanwhile just having small talk like where I have gone and blah blah. The other rep came on and got it unlocked in a minute or so. Spent more time getting put on hold and stuff then actually getting the code.
    01-02-09 01:21 AM
    so can some1 explain 2 me how i do this if i have att, like where 2 buy and everything what 2 say?
    thanks
    01-02-09 01:25 AM
    01-02-09 01:28 AM
    I agree with you on this subject! It did take more time on hold to get the thing unlocked than to get the code! I don't see the need to have it unlocked unless you are going overseas or switching to TMoblie or AT&T!
    01-02-09 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD