Ok I could really use some help with this. I have had this phone for almost a week now. I have been on Crackberry every day since. I have never used a BB and find all this information very useful. I followed the forum post for getting MMS and Email to work and everything has been running fine but, this morning when I went to get online I couldn't. Well I could but, only to a page that states my IE Browser is out of date. I tried to follow the download link but, it assumes that I am a computer and tries to give me the IE version for Windows XP. I tried the WinMo site but, could not find a link for the mobile version. I did a battery pull with no luck, and now it's seems to be stuck on "edge." Other than the few tweaks here and there this phone is great! I wish T-Mobile would actually pick it up so I wouldn't have to deal with all these issues.
    01-08-10 09:34 AM
    What os are you running?

9530 running .419 with the proper service books runs great on T-Mobile - keeps EDGE 95% of the time.

Look here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/os...-users-398655/
    If it doesn't open, the thread is titled "Os .419 for Storm t-mobile Users."
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by shfjcs; 01-08-10 at 05:30 PM.
    01-08-10 05:24 PM
    you need to change the browser identification, open the browser, hit the bb button, go to options, browser configuration, change the browser identification to blackberry, i have the storm1 on tmobile and it is perfect on 5.0.0.419, tether and everything
    01-08-10 08:51 PM
    Check out the sticky on this topic.
    01-08-10 11:00 PM
    "PK" I will definately look for the "sticky" I hate to open a thread that is already being discussed elsewhere. I am using a STORM 9530 Verizon "Unlocked" v4.7.0.148 (Platform 4.0.0.181) I am surprised to see so many people using the 5.0 OS though, RIM told me that it would be unstable on my phone. I am going to put this out there becuase it had been going through my head since I bought my phone and called T-Mobile. I had a T-Mobile Wing previous to this phone and it also worked on the "EDGE" Network. I never had any issues with it bouncing from Network to Network the way this Sorm does. TMo pulled up the maps and claimed it is becuase of my coverage area not the fact that I refused to purchase one of their Blackberry phones. Can they disrupt my service or lower my bandwidth to disrupt my Network? Paranoid. Yes, I know. I can be in an area that has "Excellent" TMo covergae and still bounce around the Network. I want to upgrade the OS but, don't want to waste the time if it is still going to be a hassle.
    01-09-10 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD