i am very tech challenged, so this is giving me a hard time, i recently purchased a locked storm from a friend, i then went about obtaining an unlock code and i was able to disable the sim security, i rebooted the phone, plced my tmobile sim, turned on the phone, switched to 2G GSM and im on my tmobile network, now my question is....im i done???....when i dial out, i still see wat i appears to be my friends phone number at the top where it says "my number"....how do i go about changing that, and is this the number people see in their caller id when i place a call???....also how do i retrieve my bbm from my curve??

please help.
    05-10-09 11:17 AM
    Turn off wireless connection, go to the phone and dial ##000000 send. You should be able to change the number there, the phone will reboot. Try a test call to see what number shows on the caller id

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 11:38 AM
    thank you i just did that, now, since im coming over from tmobile, my email was set up as follows, ****@tmo.blackberry.net

the storm however has a different domain, and it wont allow me to set up my old email because of this, how do i change my storms domain to tmo.blackberry.net?
    05-10-09 11:48 AM
    i don't belive you can do that but not sure. have you tried sending the service books to the phone?
    05-10-09 12:00 PM
    how do i do that???.....and i keep getting emails from verizon, thanking me for the purchase and that my handheld has been registered....

but where and how do i get the service books??
    05-10-09 12:05 PM
    How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ

see if this help you sending the service books.
    05-10-09 12:17 PM
    Try reading through this it will probably answer most of your questions:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...ne+on+T-Mobile

Sometimes searching for the answer to your questions provides a surprising amount of informaiton
    05-10-09 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD