I have the storm and have had it since they first came out. It has been updated and everything. I have talked to verizon tech support and they are at a loss also. Here is the problem:

I get a red x when I try to send out emails to an email in my contacts list. I have no problem typing in to the to: bar a new address, it will send just fine. But if the contact has an email address in the contacts then it will come up with the error message: Message status: message inculded an invalid address. I can even delete the address from the contact and then type the address into the to: bar and it will send just fine. I've tried deleting my service books, and resending. I've wiped my phone 2 times and gone back 2 months on the backups and tried to fix them. I have completly re entered my 100+ contacts by hand. I don't know what else to do. This problem is occuring on my msn account, my blackberry email account and I also tried setting up a yahoo account to see if that worked, none of them worked. I am trying to send to an msn account, and multipule server accounts. So the problem dosnt seem to be with what type of email I am sending, the connection I am making is with my address book. PLEASE HELP~! Im getting sick of this storm and I know it has better capabilities then what it is providing to me. Thank you for your time.
    02-05-09 10:31 PM
    welcome to the club "aka" - im having the same exact prob! but i have a curve 8330 i got in dec2008 >> if i compose/forward emails using my email group-i get same error msg- "msg included invalid address" with X BUT if i compose/forward email and enter the same exact address only 1 by 1-they send no prob- i have aol & yahoo-they both give me prob wen i use my email grouping list- i dont get it either and i know everything is entered in2 my address book corectly-IVE CK MANY TIMES!! If any1 has any light to shed on this sitch please share! ty!
    02-06-09 10:53 AM
    It's possible the actual database that holds your contacts is corrupt. Connect to a computer and use DM to "clear" the contacts databases (anything that says address book or contacts) then reboot. Now create ONE new contact with an email address and try it.
    02-06-09 12:23 PM
    I had the same problem and found the solution here on the forum. You might want to try this:

On the Blackberry:
    Go to "Options"
    Select "Language"
    Change "Name Display" to "First Name Last Name"
    02-06-09 12:47 PM
    MEDIC 979 you are the bomb... and I really appreciate your help with this. Thank you. SO far this has solved the problem of me sending my emails out. It workded instantly... Thank you. Thank you Thank you, you have restored my trust in Blackberry.... Again, thank you...
    02-06-09 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD