So I've been running pretty busy and haven't developed for BB before so its doubtful I'll have time to write this but I could see it as being a useful app that a good number of people would keep on their phones...

Not only does it not take much in the way of resources it also helps RIM sell cradles kinda....

So I'm sure there are a few of us that have purchased the cradle and are using the storm as their alarm clock. That same bunch of us also set the phone into bedside mode when they go to bed and turn bedside mode off when they awake in the morning.

How about an application that allows one to view their sleep schedule on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. For even more functionality it would allows you to set in a goal number of hours per night and could let you know if you're over or under your goal and could also let you know where you are cutting yourself short or if there are any patterns to when you go to sleep and awake.

Anyone else have thoughts on this app?
    12-18-08 12:22 PM
    I would really like something like that. That's a great idea!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 12:28 PM
    Well i can say that is something that strikes my interest. Im trying to think of a way to simply implement this in the calender. when you enter bedside mode, it makes a event on your calender which ends when you exit bed time mode. By using the calender already in place, you could view by week, month, day etc...I'm not feeling the whole goal idea, but that is personal preference. I would like to do this to simply plot data of my sleeping schedule.
    12-18-08 12:34 PM
    Bravo. So cool

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 12:43 PM
    Interesting. How about an app that turns my camera into a barcode scanner and when I use it on items at a store - it makes them ring up for $2.00 ! LOL!
    12-18-08 12:46 PM
    Well i can say that is something that strikes my interest. Im trying to think of a way to simply implement this in the calender. when you enter bedside mode, it makes a event on your calender which ends when you exit bed time mode. By using the calender already in place, you could view by week, month, day etc...I'm not feeling the whole goal idea, but that is personal preference. I would like to do this to simply plot data of my sleeping schedule.
    If it were implemented in the calendar app (which i'd thought of) I think it would have to be in a separate calendar that was hidden by default. I usually have so many other meetings and what not that I don't really want a lot more stuff in there crowding things. But if it was totally separated and not defaulted to display then perhaps I could be on board there.... It would however make things a lot easier to code up I'm sure. However getting around being annoying to normal calendar use may prove somewhat difficult.
    12-18-08 01:29 PM
    Interesting. How about an app that turns my camera into a barcode scanner and when I use it on items at a store - it makes them ring up for $2.00 ! LOL!
    he!! I could do that with out a phone.
    12-18-08 01:30 PM
    **** I could do that with out a phone.
    LOL - do share !!!
    12-18-08 01:31 PM
    Not going to happen... I work for a company producing barcode scanners.
    12-18-08 01:37 PM
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

LOL

Thanks,
    12-18-08 01:38 PM
    If it were implemented in the calendar app (which i'd thought of) I think it would have to be in a separate calendar that was hidden by default. I usually have so many other meetings and what not that I don't really want a lot more stuff in there crowding things. But if it was totally separated and not defaulted to display then perhaps I could be on board there.... It would however make things a lot easier to code up I'm sure. However getting around being annoying to normal calendar use may prove somewhat difficult.
    You can have separate calendars with blackberry. gives you option to show events from all calendars or you select individual calendars to only show those events.
    12-18-08 02:34 PM
    interesting....
    12-18-08 02:39 PM
    hey, I would like something like that....
    I don't have a fixed schedule at work.
    Some times I start as early as 3am, or as late as 12noon.
    I would really love this kind of application so I could keep track of my sleep...
    12-26-08 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD