Hi everyone. This is my first post so please be gentle. Lol. Anyway i'm getting an uncaught exception java lang null pointer message when I reboot my phone. Also my call log won't let me delete anything. And my phone sometimes shuts down in the middle of a call, reboots itself and reloads my call log from 2 weeks ago. I've already deleted everything app I added to it, done a million battery pulls, now i'm out of ideas. Please help. I love my blackberry and hate being mad at it. Lol. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 09:35 PM
    what operating system are you on?
    06-19-09 09:41 PM
    The call log is the easiest to fix here, so I will touch on that first. U cannot simply go to
    the call log and delete it. Instead, go to the messages or sms/mms folder and hit the menu button. Choose view folders and select phone call logs. From here u can mass delete or single entries at a time.
    The phone shutting down on u shouldn't happen an any os... So whatever version u r on... Upgrade it. If u r on .148 already, downgrade to .75, then re-install .148 again.
    As for the java error... Many things can cause that one... I would say reloading the os would/should fix that too

06-19-09 11:40 PM
    Thanks for the input. I'm running .148 already. And when I go through the sms/mms folder it won't let me access my call log. The error pops up. As for downgrading my os, I don't have a computer. so I can't use the desk top manager to downgrade. I upgraded ota with verizon. Guess I need to go into the store. But there customer service sucks. Think I would rather run it over with my car and use my insurance. Lol. Anyway thanks for the help.

06-20-09 07:21 AM
    Thanks for the input. I'm running .148 already. And when I go through the sms/mms folder it won't let me access my call log. The error pops up. As for downgrading my os, I don't have a computer. so I can't use the desk top manager to downgrade. I upgraded ota with verizon. Guess I need to go into the store. But there customer service sucks. Think I would rather run it over with my car and use my insurance. Lol. Anyway thanks for the help.

Then go to a different store. There is no sense in paying $50 for something that should be covered under warranty...
    06-20-09 10:15 AM
    addicted,
    Open your browser and go to New Cell Phones, CPO Cell Phones, Prepaid Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless
    Click the link for the store locator and enter your zip code.
    More often than not, you will find more than one location pop up. These locations are all direct retail stores, and if their customer service sucks, ask for a manager to get involved. I can't speak for the mom-n-pop shops that are authorized to sell VZW service and products... but the corporate stores are usually very specific on getting problems resolved, especially when management has to get involved. I guess maybe I am just spoiled at my store... I have heard so many horror stories in CB Land.
    06-21-09 01:36 AM
    The Java error is a very common error. There have been several threads on how to fix it, all you'd have to do is search the error message

Unfortunately, the only way I know that gets rid of it requires DM. I've been getting the same error for about a week now but of course the partition I have DM installed on crashed. So, I'll just have to live with the error until I get back to the states in a month.
    06-21-09 04:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD