Hey all,

So I have a problem with my Storm.. I was running the .148 OS from Verizon and I was in Desktop Manager asking it to remove a program, and it did, then I rebooted it, and it came back with an error:

"Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.i18n.MissingResourceException"

Several battery pulls haven't fixed it, so tonight I wiped it and loaded the .161 OS on and I'm still getting the error. I have no idea what to do with this thing. Has anyone had this problem before? Any clues on how to fix it? Weirdly, I'm also not able to get into Set Sounds and Alerts, but I can select all other items on that menu... except that. Are they correlated? Thanks for the help.
    09-23-09 10:32 PM
    .161? do you mean .151? How did you do a wipe? Did you restore everything from a backup?
    09-23-09 10:36 PM
    .161? do you mean .151? How did you do a wipe? Did you restore everything from a backup?
    I probably meant .151. For the wipe I went into DM, restore, told it to delete apps and settings, then proceeded with the OS install.
    09-23-09 10:43 PM
    I probably meant .151. For the wipe I went into DM, restore, told it to delete apps and settings, then proceeded with the OS install.
    you should try using BBSAK to do a wipe. Heres the link incase you need it.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

After the wipe use this method to install the OS you want.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/lin...ovided-300314/
    09-23-09 10:50 PM
    k. I'll give this a try tomorrow. I assume this is just like formatting and reinstalling the OS on a computer? Hopefully this will fix the issues.
    09-23-09 11:19 PM
    k. I'll give this a try tomorrow. I assume this is just like formatting and reinstalling the OS on a computer? Hopefully this will fix the issues.
    this is much easier than reinstalling your computers OS, or should I say there both pretty easy

If you have any issues or questions feel free to PM me
    09-23-09 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD