Tried a search but came up empty...

Whenever I do a battery pull on my phone I get the following

Uncaught Exception:java.lang.nullpointerException

Can anybody tell me what this means?
    09-21-09 03:41 PM
    What OS are you running and what non-Core Apps do you have?
    09-21-09 03:46 PM
    OS v4.7.0.148...What are non-core apps? Sorry but I still consider myself a newbie to the BB world even though ive owned my storm for almost a year..Its my first BB and im still tryimg to understand things!
    09-21-09 03:55 PM
    Anything you've got on the phone that doesn't come directly from RIM I would consider a non-core app; things like Weatherbug, Viigo, Pandora, etc.
    09-21-09 04:00 PM
    great...just got another one...

Uncaught eception:net.rim.device.api.i18n.missingResourceEx ception

What the **** is going on?

I forgot to mention that this is a replacement device that I just received today.I did the back up & restore to phone + 3rd party apps.

It was doing this with my previous unit also.
    09-21-09 04:00 PM
    OS v4.7.0.148...What are non-core apps? Sorry but I still consider myself a newbie to the BB world even though ive owned my storm for almost a year..Its my first BB and im still tryimg to understand things!
    Have you read the BB101 Lecture Series yet? Lots of valuable information there, as well as the How To/Tips threads.
    09-21-09 04:02 PM
    I had pandora, i heart on my old phone but didnt put them on the new one. I also had some games I downloaded from bb app world along w/IM apps from the app center.
    09-21-09 04:04 PM
    I'd say, maybe, that one of the Apps you have has a bad install. I'd try (after taking down a list of all your Apps and where you can get them again) removing all your Apps and doing a security wipe (after you backup your data) and then to a selective restore with just the essentials (contacts, for example).
    09-21-09 04:08 PM
    when you say security wipe do you mean OS wipe? So it could be a 3rd party app?
    09-21-09 04:11 PM
    Security wipe is one step this side of a full OS wipe, but the OS wipe would do it too (security wipe, IIRC, only removes all user data and apps but leaves the OS intact).

It very well could be an app; or even a corrupt DB from backup. I guess the trick would be to do a full OS wipe (after a backup) and not restore anything but the OS and see if you still have the issue. If not, restore your DBs one at a time and test them for the error; then move on to Apps with the same procedure.

Time consuming and a pain, but it will tell you exactly where the problem lies.
    09-21-09 04:17 PM
    i would reinstall the OS, start fresh..

but... heres my little possible theory... go to where you set your alerts ie txt, email, etc etc... Im going to take a guess that maybe FB isnt displaying?

Either way.. try this... uninstall facebook, battery pull, then you'll find it probably no longer comes up.

I could be wrong but from the research I did when I had the problem on .167, the fault is linked with FB not syncing with your contacts.

Try it, id be interested to see if it does cure it like it did mine (although ultimatly re installing the OS sorted this, its to do with the restoration of contacts not being restored as correctly as they should have been).
    09-21-09 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD