I personally don't like to capitalize a "Hey" or a "Yo" and just weird stuff like that. In emails of course I would capitalize, but for just standard SMS it actually annoys me just because it seems more formal and robotic... haha I know it's a weird thing to want, but yeah... any solutions?
    12-18-08 01:35 AM
    You might be able to change it, but I'm not sure exactly which menu it would be in. Maybe in the spell check menu? I know you make it ignore the case of the letter, but not sure if you can do what you're wanting.
    Last edited by Jaysus Cutler6; 12-18-08 at 01:44 AM.
    12-18-08 01:40 AM
    ok, I'm just gonna keep messing around with the settings. I'll port back if I find anything
    12-18-08 02:07 AM
    Couldn't you add an autotext so if you use ". yo" it would make it ". yo" ? That's one work around for those certain words that you were referring to.
    12-18-08 02:21 AM
    steven s. is right, just add the words in auto text and change SmartCase to Specified Case.

For example:

Replace:
    yo

With:
    yo

Using: Specified Case
    12-18-08 02:26 AM
    yeah that would def. work, but that is only with specific words. I'll probably add the ones I usually start texts with, but I feel like turning off auto-cap would be a feature on this phone. Thanks for the help guys
    12-18-08 02:28 AM
    When you type the letter it will make it a capital just hit back space and type the letter again and it will make it lowercase. You may have to do this a few times but after a while it knows what you're doing and will work.
    12-18-08 02:42 AM
    bump now that more people are online.
    12-18-08 04:37 PM
    You are supposed to capitalize the first letter after a period.
    12-18-08 05:24 PM
    You are supposed to capitalize the first letter after a period.
    Dude don't waste my time, read the OP.
    12-18-08 05:27 PM
    When you type the letter it will make it a capital just hit back space and type the letter again and it will make it lowercase. You may have to do this a few times but after a while it knows what you're doing and will work.
    That is what I do... I don't think my phone has "learned" it though.

I type a lot of open sentences, such as call me... sometime after 4PM. It irks me when the 's' in the 'sometimes' gets capitalized...

So, I double-type the S and delete the first... not the smoothest idea, but it is what I do.
    12-18-08 06:43 PM
    Just add it to autotext like said above. I use it for "u" to "you" and "r" to "are", etc. Makes typing a lot faster.
    12-18-08 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD