Hello everyone, I have a little problem here. I was able to plug in external speakers to my Storm and listen to music, then one day nothing. I bought the Music Gateway and got it paired did all the trouble shooting and still no music. Has anybody else have or had this issue. My external speakers work with my laptop but no longer on my Storm. I called Verizon and the lady said that since the speakers are from a third party that I should call them. Again the speakers work. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Rigs49; 09-05-09 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Have not got an answer that I needed, sorry.
    08-29-09 07:38 PM
    The only thing I can think of is you might have some dirt in your jack. Try taking a q tip and remove the cotton on one end. Put that in the jack and see if that helps. Usually this trick works for phones stuck in headset mode.

Have you tried headsets to see if it will work that way?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 08:16 PM
    Thanks for the reply hook, but that did not work. I Activate the Speakerphone and I hear music. I activate the Handset and again I hear music. I activate the BlackBerry Stereo Gateway and nothing. I then shut off the Gateway and all bluetooth connections, connected my Storm directly to the speakers, activated the HEADSET and no music. I am sure it has to be a software issue. Anybody have the same problems. Just to recap.

1.Activated the speakerphone-I hear music

2. Activated the HANDset- I hear music

3. Actived the BlackBerry stereo Gateway via Bluetooth- No Music.

4. Shut off all bluetooth connections, plugged an audio wire from Storm to speakers, Activated HEADset- No Music.

FYI-the speakers do work. I just played music on my laptop. Anybody have any other ideas?
    08-30-09 02:16 PM
    Havn't had this issue myself. Makes me wonder if it's hardware? Possibly the bluetooth module being bad?
    08-30-09 03:27 PM
    Mr.Spock here is the thing, I am able to pair my blutooth earpiece and have a normal conversation. This is driving me nuts. Well thanks everyone, if anything else comes up I will share.
    08-31-09 12:56 PM
    Have you try reloading Os or calling your carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 04:33 PM
    Thanks Taz,I have not reloaded the Os (how do I do, never mind I will use the search function)but I did speak to Verizon and the lady pretty much told me that since the speakers are from a third party that I should call them. I have no issues with the speakers.
    09-01-09 10:57 AM
    Anybody have this happen to them?
    09-05-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD