I bought software from Handango to help separate my business email from others, and had it sent SMS to my phone. When I "Get Link", all I get is this message:

"Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your administrator."

This same problem comes up when I try to open any website link. It WAS working before because I've downloaded a number of wallpapers and ringtones, then all of a sudden I'm getting this error message.

Any ideas what the problem may be?

Thanks
    Last edited by TOBASCO; 12-25-08 at 11:11 AM.
    12-24-08 02:00 PM
    bump - still looking for help! Anyone?
    12-25-08 11:12 AM
    Try changing the browser type? If it's on "Internet Browser", switch it to "BB Browser" or vice versa. Did you try a battery pull? (Just some thoughts)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 11:32 AM
    Is your browser currently working? I have heard RIM is having an issue that simply requires having service books resent to your handset.
    12-25-08 11:36 AM
    Try changing the browser type? If it's on "Internet Browser", switch it to "BB Browser" or vice versa. Did you try a battery pull? (Just some thoughts)

Zoom - thanks! That did seem to do the trick. I've got it set for Internet Explorer as the default browser. Now my question is what are the pros and cons of leaving IE as the browser and not BB?

Anyone have any thoughts?
    12-25-08 12:24 PM
    Some ota stuff wont work like viigo it like's the phone to be set to bb
    12-25-08 12:26 PM
    One of the main things I found with my last BB was that the "Internet Browser" went through my company's firewall, whereas "BB Browser" did not. Besides that, I'm not really sure if there is much of a difference. Glad it worked for you!

12-25-08 06:28 PM
    To my understanding anyway, it affects how a website "sees" your BB...if you set the default to BB, you'll view mobile-optimized versions of websites you visit. SEtting it to IE or Fire fox is useful for stuff that won't work so well from a mobile , like bank websites. I think that's right anyway....

12-25-08 06:45 PM
    I think we're referring to two different things. You can change how the browser is identified to a website, or you can change the actual browser. From what I found when I googled it:

"BlackBerry Browser = Browsing requests or "Traffic" is sent through your BES server...basically browsing the the BES as BESAdmin.

Internet Browser = Provider browser, traffic flows through carrier servers."

My guess is you don't have BES, so that's why you ran into the problem.
    12-25-08 07:54 PM
    I think we're referring to two different things. You can change how the browser is identified to a website, or you can change the actual browser. From what I found when I googled it:

"BlackBerry Browser = Browsing requests or "Traffic" is sent through your BES server...basically browsing the the BES as BESAdmin.

Internet Browser = Provider browser, traffic flows through carrier servers."

My guess is you don't have BES, so that's why you ran into the problem.
    Oh yeah, so this also means I had my information mixed up in my earlier post (I verified that as well)...sorry about that!
    12-25-08 07:56 PM
    Hey there, similar problem here, in addition I cannot perform the enterprise activation so I guess that there is a BES connection issue but my carrier says that BES data is fine...any clue?
    10-17-09 06:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD