Some of you might remember I was having trouble deciding between the Storm and the Bold... in the end I decided on the Bold. And I really meant it!

Until today, I walked in to Best Buy and there was a shipment of one, ONE, Storm that came in.... I walked around the store contemplating for about an hour and the said to myself "ah screw it, if it doesnt work I can return it!"

Half hour later, walked out with a Storm.

So, on first glance... mind you I have only been playing with it for about an hour...

Its slow. But I expected that. Hopefully, that will be fixed within the next week or so.

Thus far my main, gripe/concern is the web browser. Pages take FOREVER to load... maybe I need to fiddle with the settings or somethin but WOW..its slower than my Curve ever was...

Other than that, I really, really like it... I mean, without a doubt it needs some improvement but I REALLY think it has the potential to be a SLAMMIN' device when all the updates are said and done.

Also, I find the build to be sleek and sturdy, not sure why there were ever comments about it being "cheaply" made...

All that being said, Im off to play with my new toy

Any advice for a "newbie" is appreciated.
    11-26-08 07:02 PM
    Keep playing with it...it only gets better!
    11-26-08 07:06 PM
    It actually speeds up after a day its weird. but the browser shouldnt be slow. i have never seen mine slow.
    11-26-08 07:08 PM
    Don't Drop It, Lol!!!
    11-26-08 07:08 PM
    It actually speeds up after a day its weird. but the browser shouldnt be slow. i have never seen mine slow.
    i tried to log in to myspace, took FOREVER
    11-26-08 07:17 PM
    Same here, yes it lags but not unbearably. My browser doesn't seem slow either, in fact the first time I tried it WOW'd me!

Just play with it for a couple days, you'll learn more and it'll grow on ya. Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be happy to help.
    11-26-08 07:20 PM
    look at the sticky thread for optimizations. also, get myspace app.
    11-26-08 07:24 PM
    Nooooo say it ain't so. Come back to the bold.. back to the dark side!
    -Rik
    11-26-08 07:28 PM
    Good jump......forget the bold.......get stormy....
    11-26-08 07:33 PM
    yeah I remember you! hopefully you will read up on all the info posted and it will be greater than you think it is. I can't wait to get mine!! still got a couple weeks!!
    11-26-08 07:34 PM
    Nooooo say it ain't so. Come back to the bold.. back to the dark side!
    -Rik

I had to try it!

For those who say their browsers are fast have you tweaked any settings at all?
    11-26-08 07:36 PM
    other than enabling java script, nothing different here. mine is pretty quick. it's not wifi, but doesn't take more than 15-20 secs to open a page
    11-26-08 07:49 PM
    The browsers usually really fast until you get to a site that's javascript heavy. That's when it slows to a crawl. You can try turning java off if you don't visit many sites that use a lot of it.

The only thing that seems cheap on the storm are the bottom row of keys. They just look like they could snap off, and the screen jiggles in place a little but isn't that expected of a clicking screen.

Have fun with it. I just hope they give an option to turn off transitions... > they annoy meh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 07:50 PM
    Don't go back to your old phone...felt like a 3 year trying to use the damn thing!

Just need to wait for good apps to load including GPS...could help me tonight going up the Turnpike (GW Bridge or Tappan Zee?)
    11-26-08 07:58 PM
    What network are you on. My experience with t mobile and bb has been pitiful compaired to what verizon offers. the crackberry wap site would take a good minute on egde connection.
    11-26-08 08:55 PM
    ^^^

Im on Verizon with the Storm, testin it out

So, bug number 1:
    LED blinking red and there is no unread messages or anything. Tried all the different solutions I could find on here. And not fixin it. Do I REALLY need to battery pull??
    11-26-08 09:23 PM
    ^^^

Im on Verizon with the Storm, testin it out

So, bug number 1:
    LED blinking red and there is no unread messages or anything. Tried all the different solutions I could find on here. And not fixin it. Do I REALLY need to battery pull??
    No, have you looked in your MESSAGES folder?
    11-26-08 09:44 PM
    I had to try it!

aha! i saw in another thread you're getting a bold back again. Congrats on making the right choice. You're right though, give the storm a few months and I think it'll be a great device.

I wanted the storm (stuck on rogers who don't get it) but beleive waiting till the storm2 possibly comes out on rogers will be the way to go however... now that I've been playing with my bold I don't think the storm will be for me. Bold is overlypowerful for what I need and I like knowing that there is the excess
    -Rik
    GO BOLD!
    11-27-08 01:23 AM
    Yea, I have a Bold being delivered to me Friday.

At the very least I can do some real comparison between the 2 since I was fortunate to have been able to use both.

Now once I make the decision I know it will be based on my own opinion of both and not those of anyone else. Thats important to me, ya know?

Anyway, will update once I get the Bold!
    11-27-08 01:29 AM
    try downloading the new version of opera mini. i downloaded it yesterday and it loads and renders pages at unbelievable speeds.
    11-27-08 02:24 AM
    [QUOTE=sheiscurvey;1058307]At the very least I can do some real comparison between the 2 since I was fortunate to have been able to use both. QUOTE]

Hopefully a good indepth review of both. I'll be on the watch for it.
    -Rik
    11-27-08 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD