View Poll Results: What Network is your UNLOCKED Storm working well on ?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Orange (UK)

2 40.00%
  • O2 (UK)

3 60.00%
  • T-Mobile (UK)

0 0%
    Hi,

I was wondering how well people where getting on with their UK Unlocked Storms on other networks ?

I'm on T-Mobile UK and I'm having a lot of data issues especially on 3G. The phone will stop doing data and just sit there staring at me !!! As some of you may know, I had a sh1t load of problems getting the BOLD running on TM.

Just wondering how everyone else is doing and if its worth jumping to another network to run the Storm on. A few people here and there seem to run it quite well on O2 .....
    11-30-08 04:59 PM
    Also, a quick note, I can't really stay with Voda as they don't really give too many minutes and their reception is crap where I live.
    11-30-08 05:03 PM
    I posted this thread late last night and with the American attack on the forum (lol) it slid several pages down. Just doing a post to get it visible again.
    12-01-08 04:12 AM
    Im on Orange the Storm is working great. You missed 3 & Virgin Mobile, in your poll.
    12-01-08 04:12 AM
    I think Ash left out 3 and Virgin Mobile because ........ They don't do Blackberry tariffs.

3 will do shortly but as T mobile UK is sharing 3 UK's 3G network he may have the same issues as he has been having .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 05:34 AM
    Thanks for clearing that up Hazysky. You don't half get around (I mean from forum to forum .... lol).
    12-01-08 05:45 AM
    i having been running my for about a week now on o2 and i have to it been fantastic...

i haven't missed a call, email,sms nothing...google maps is working great, opera mini is qualityas well....

everything is working great,

i was going to say about t-mobile but hazysky has already replied so i wont...

loving my storm, best phone i have had...

Ian
    Last edited by IanC; 12-01-08 at 07:47 AM.
    12-01-08 07:45 AM
    i having been running my for about a week now on o2 and i have to it been fantastic...

i haven't missed a call, email,sms nothing...google maps is working great, opera mini is qualityas well....

everything is working great,

i was going to say about t-mobile but hazysky has already replied so i wont...

loving my storm, best phone i have had...

Ian

So I presume web browsing is going really well as well ?
    12-01-08 08:17 AM
    it is going very well... worked from the moment i switched it on....

Ian
    12-02-08 05:02 AM
    Thanks Ian.

The score so far:

2 - Orange
    2- O2
    0 - T-Mobile

Would be interesting to see some more feedback.
    12-02-08 07:01 AM
    Just wating for my unlocked Storm (from Germany) to arrive, will be using on O2, will post findings later.
    12-02-08 07:06 AM
    Just wating for my unlocked Storm (from Germany) to arrive, will be using on O2, will post findings later.
    FYI, I've been using a O2 SIM in my unlocked storm and it seems to be working quite well.

Still got some more testing to do, but early indications are VERY promising.
    12-02-08 12:01 PM
    a bit more info guys, i applied through another party the unlock code from blackberry (not vodafone)

guess what the code arrived in my inbox this morning....

so if anyone still needs it get someone who has access to blackberry and they can request it, mine took about 5 days...

thanks

Ian
    12-02-08 12:12 PM
    Hi,

i have been trying to get my storm unlock so far have paid 3 different services, the first came back unable to get code, 2nd via ebay had there ebay listing remove and account blocked and the third i waiting, they promised a 1 hour turn around and then once i had paid emailed me to say blackberry only release codes every 2 weeks, so guess i have got to wait and see if they can provide????

anyway once it comes i am hoping to use a Orange sim, been reading loads of thread on this forum and getting confused with the different advice people are offering.

can anybody answer some of my concerns????

1. if a vodaphone sim has been entered already into my storm, does this mean that an unlock code will now not work???

2. when i get it unlocked, can i sync with my BB device manager and use the transfer function and transfer all information on my current curve over to the storm??

3. currently have 4 email accounts on my curve device, one is a Blackberry orange email, the others are personal email addresses, will these just transfer straight across??

any advice or help would be great.
    12-05-08 01:21 PM
    I'm surprised to see so few votes, I thought there would be loads of UK storm unlockers here. mine got unlocked yesterday in E17 while I waited and my tariff was upgraded to blackberry on o2 the morning after.

I'm getting emails no problem, blackberry messenger is working and so is google maps and twitterberry.

speed is pretty good and I can get a decent signal where my last phone had trouble.

velly happy!
    12-05-08 02:16 PM
    Hey Guys, I got the storm but slight problem when I try and enter the pin and imei on o2 bis I get this message, "The information you have provided is not valid for this service provider" what could be the reason its saying this? Could it be the person that sold it activated it before?
    12-06-08 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD