This icon popped up on my screen just a little while ago. I had no idea what it could be, I looked everywhere, searched the forums for a good bit and came up with nothing. I was about to post a thread asking what the He!! it could be, and then decided to check Blackberry Messenger just to be sure and wouldn't you know it I found it.

See the attached image, if you look at the top of the screen capture just a bit to the right you will see a tiny red alert icon and a faint dark image (i still don't know exactly what it is).

After drilling down through every menu and option within BBM I finally saw that I had a "pending group list"

One of my BBM contacts asked me to join a group in BBM just to see what it was all about and apparently set up a list with due dates etc. and this icon appears when the list date arrives.

Any way not sure what the purpose of this is but I thought I would share anyway. I'm always intrigued when something strange pops up.
    12-03-09 01:58 PM
    The pic is not really clear but it might be an app world notification (app update) or a bbm group notification.
    12-03-09 02:08 PM
    The pic is not really clear but it might be an app world notification (app update) or a bbm group notification.
    Did you even read the OP's entire post. They figured out what the icon is for.
    12-03-09 02:14 PM
    That's a Group Icon. Check your BBM group with the baseball and football icon. There should be something unread in there.
    12-03-09 02:31 PM
    Yes, it is a "BBM Group" icon as I said before:

One of my BBM contacts asked me to join a group in BBM just to see what it was all about and apparently set up a list with due dates etc. and this icon appears when the list date arrives.

Thank you for the reply's, I just wanted to share because I have never seen this before.
    12-03-09 03:24 PM
    wow... 2 replies, neither of which probably bothered to read your post- just looked at the pic.

thanks for the info, as I'm sure it'll be helpful to others who may get the same thing... though I doubt they'll search like you said you did.
    12-03-09 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD