I'm running the newest OS. The phone itsself runs fine. I took of tons of apps and I have none running in the background. I have the theme that came with the phone..which is the fastest working that i've seen.

ANYWAYS....no matter what...the phone still lags just a tad bit when im typing a text message..just so much that it slows down my typing a LOT and its to the point where its pissing me off..and i type too fast..so my words come out as jumbles. For everyone that had these issues as well...is there some kind of simple fix for it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    06-07-09 03:00 PM
    When did ya install the new update? Have ya done any battery pulls since?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 03:11 PM
    Have you gone to options>screen/keyboard and adjusted your key rate to a faster setting (like medium fast) and your touchscreen settings (mine is 100, 100, high 6)?

Grey
    06-07-09 03:14 PM
    I am on .148 and my keyboard lags. So much so I have out typed the input on occasion. For example if I am typing the word blackberry, for arguments sakes, I might be on the y and the phone is on the k. Personally I cab deal with it but I would like a no lag keyboard :-P

06-07-09 05:18 PM
    Have you check you keyboard settings? It might have reverted back to it's default settings.
    06-07-09 05:21 PM
    Turn off the spell check options. The phone checks your spelling as you type which creates a lag. Turn it off and your problem should be solved

06-07-09 05:33 PM
    I'm running the newest OS. The phone itsself runs fine. I took of tons of apps and I have none running in the background. I have the theme that came with the phone..which is the fastest working that i've seen.

ANYWAYS....no matter what...the phone still lags just a tad bit when im typing a text message..just so much that it slows down my typing a LOT and its to the point where its pissing me off..and i type too fast..so my words come out as jumbles. For everyone that had these issues as well...is there some kind of simple fix for it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Have the same problem. I've had it since the phone came out. It's a pain.

Have you gone to options>screen/keyboard and adjusted your key rate to a faster setting (like medium fast) and your touchscreen settings (mine is 100, 100, high 6)?

Grey
    I've done this, and I'm not sure if it's helped, but I still have the problem.

I think the problem has to do with the spell check causing the lag. Problem is that the spell check is necessary on a touch screen like this.
    06-07-09 06:25 PM
    Mine lags when I use the browser but when I use opera or anything else really, it's smooth

06-07-09 06:39 PM
    Ok so now I took off my spell check and I set my key rate to high an you know what? As I type this I notice there is NO lag at all.
    So try it. Key rate fast....spell check off.
    Nice......very nice...

06-07-09 06:50 PM
    Good glad that it worked out well.
    06-07-09 07:28 PM
    Ok so now I took off my spell check and I set my key rate to high an you know what? As I type this I notice there is NO lag at all.
    So try it. Key rate fast....spell check off.
    Nice......very nice...

Told ya...spell check makes it laaag

06-07-09 08:06 PM
    cool, thanks for the tips, mine was on med slow and spell checker was on!! GREAT!!
    06-07-09 08:14 PM
    i only get lag when typing in the browser. also when typing in the browser, when i click a button and it lights up, thats is also delayed.
    06-07-09 09:11 PM
    i turned off "Check spelling as you type" but left on auto correct and changed that to a minimum of four letters...still laggy. and after i send a txt, sometimes the clock thing shows up, but sometimes it just takes a while for all my SMS to show up again.*

*keep in mind i just wiped, got a 507, called verizon b/c DM wouldnt recognize, reinstalled .148. twenty minutes ago. .148 is still def not a great OS, but w/e.
    06-07-09 09:30 PM
    As well...Browser > menu > options >

Browser configuration > uncheck support javascript & check prompt 2 enable js +

General properties > check enable js location support +

Cache operations > clear all regularly.
    06-07-09 11:19 PM
    All great tips!
    06-08-09 01:57 AM
    well I took off the auto text. and yah of course...the lag was taken away...only two problems...
    First, I need spell check because I make mistakes which can cause the word to be something completely different and I get texts back saying "what??"

Second, its still not fast enough. The speed improved...but..Im a damn fast texter, and im still way ahead of the phone. I guess its asking too much to have no lag like on a computer?
    06-09-09 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD