Can anyone explain the two types of memory on the storm?

Application Memory and Device Memory.

What gets used up when installing applications, themes, etc?
    03-10-09 12:29 PM
    Device memory should really be called Device Storage or something OTHER than memory.

And no one really knows for certain what App Memory is. We have a pretty good idea, but it could very well be incomplete/inaccurate. In general though, it seems to be very similar to RAM in your computer. Everything running on your system carves out a chunk of RAM for itself. There's a bit more to app memory, but it's not as easy to explain.

But the important thing to note here, is that plenty of people get far too worked up over the free app mem number. True, some older devices would wipe out your call log and email if your free app mem got too low, but the Storm seems to have corrected this behavior. You can get down to virtually nothing, and the Storm will not delete your email/call log.
    03-10-09 12:50 PM
    Device memory should really be called Device Storage or something OTHER than memory.

But the important thing to note here, is that plenty of people get far too worked up over the free app mem number. True, some older devices would wipe out your call log and email if your free app mem got too low, but the Storm seems to have corrected this behavior. You can get down to virtually nothing, and the Storm will not delete your email/call log.
    i think this is really true. my phone app memory got to 5mb yesterday and my logs were not deleted although i have a friend is virtually loosing her mind because her pearl deletes her logs and bb conversations cos the app memory is pretty low
    03-10-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD