I appreciate all the expertise on this forum and have two questions that I haven't see addressed yet:

1. The screen - I don't generally like screen protectors and am curious to know how "resistant" the unprotected screen is to scratches. I remember when the iPhone came out, reviewers were scraping the display with keys and came away impressed at the lack of scratches. My Storm, like all my phones, would ride alone in the front left pocket. Thoughts on this?

2. The SIM card - I'll be coming over from AT&T, and all my contacts are stored on the SIM card. I know the Storm accepts SIM cards, so will it be as easy as popping my ATT SIM into the phone and transferring the contents?
    11-26-08 12:17 PM
    this is what i have been trying to get an answer for too! will the screen scratch???
    11-26-08 12:19 PM
    why not just get a screen protector? they're 9.99 at verizon and come in a pack of 3. I've had mine on day 1 and most people don't even know it's on there. As a matter of fact someone asked me today if I was going to put one on. they were impressed that it was unnoticable.
    11-26-08 12:22 PM
    Look go spend 5 bucks on fellowes screen protectors best investment I have made I am not gonna experiment with my storm......Actually like the fact that the protector is there and no I would NOT pocket the storm.......
    I'm not sure about the screen.

The SIM should be locked on the Storm by default. It will not load the ATT SIM unless the phone is unlocked
    As long as you don't keep other crap in your pocket with the phone I don't see you having any scratch issues.

As far as the contacts go, the Verizon reps will transfer all your numbers over to the storm for you. However, if you prefer to do it yourself, yes you can transfer them off of your old SIM card.
    Are the verizon screen protectors hard to apply, and if you line it up wrong is it easy to remove and reapply?
    11-26-08 12:23 PM
    Are the verizon screen protectors hard to apply, and if you line it up wrong is it easy to remove and reapply?
    Actually I just got done installing one about an hour ago, and yes they are very easy to take back off and re-align.
    11-26-08 12:25 PM
    Very easy to apply, easy to re install if you flub it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD