1. i cannot open the homescreen options menu...while on the black tiled screen the 'options' option does not work...tried it on a demo at verizon and worked fine...trying to change the # of rows visible on the wallpaper.

2. why do contact ringtones play while on 'vibrate' setting

thanks
    12-10-08 07:23 PM
    For the contact ringtones go into Contacts. Select the contact that you want. Edit. Scroll down to the Custom Ringtone / Alert. "click" on the phone or message. then save the volume / LED / Vibration to Active Profile. Then that contact will ring with whatever setting is on for the phone.
    12-10-08 09:08 PM
    For the contact ringtones go into Contacts. Select the contact that you want. Edit. Scroll down to the Custom Ringtone / Alert. "click" on the phone or message. then save the volume / LED / Vibration to Active Profile. Then that contact will ring with whatever setting is on for the phone.
    Doesn't work.
    12-10-08 09:15 PM
    fixed the homescreen problem by taking battery out and restarting...makes me nervous why that worked...had a lot of glitches with my 8703 which is why i got the new phone.

as for the ringtones, when phone is set to vibrate, my wifes ringtone still plays right after it vibrates once...called verizon to have them credit my account for the tones and the guy said he's already had to do that with several other people...another glitch in the phone i guess
    12-11-08 05:55 AM
    I had that problem once as well, changed the option on the homescreen to 2 rows, went to change it back to 1 and the option button would not work. I did a battery pull and after it rebooted, it was fine.
    12-11-08 08:49 AM
    It has done this to me now three times today. I could always access options from the menu to chenge the home screen pic etc. Now, I have to reboot with a battery pull and then I can access it only one time. Anyone with reasons or answers? Thank you
    Gary
    12-11-08 12:28 PM
    The only other thing that you can try is go into Contacts and highlight the name. Use the BB button and hit save again.
    12-11-08 11:18 PM
    I have spoken with VZW reps at my store and they tell me BB is aware of the problem not being able to access the options from the home screen that allows you to change the wallpaper etc. Anyone else or many others having this problem? It appears to be a random problem for some and is a software problem. Comments?

Gary
    12-14-08 05:40 PM
    Home Screen Option bug is, well, a bug.

Workaround is to do a battery pull.

I can't think of any reason this would be something a user would be doing very often and rarely more than once a session.
    12-14-08 06:12 PM
    didi you try a batttery pull?
    12-14-08 06:15 PM
    Yes, as stated before above, that is what you have to do. RESET with a battery pull or use the software version. Either way, you can access options the first time as usual. Then you can not access it anymore until you reset again. Apparently it is a know issue with BB as VZW found it listed on their tech notices from BB. Just asking like many other problems, not everyone has the same problems. I am hoping they have an updated version soon that corrects this.

Gary.
    12-14-08 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD