what's wrong with the storm? funny that i'm making this post..
    cause my co worker passed by me and said.."i have the storm.. it sucks" ..

what!!! ????
    06-22-09 11:02 AM
    perhaps you should ask them ?
    maybe there is something wrong with them as i stil very much dig my Storm and have very few issues.
    06-22-09 11:04 AM
    The Storm is like anything...some people love it while others hate it. While I agree it could be better, it is in my opinion a pretty good device. I know I had some issues with the .75 but with the latest update, it seems pretty responsive and smooth. Just my 2 cents, but some people are not happy unless they have something to complain about. If you have never tried a Storm, you may want to just to see if its for you.
    06-22-09 11:11 AM
    they dont know about crackberry thats probably why!
    06-22-09 11:21 AM
    Nothing...your friends are douches
    06-22-09 11:22 AM
    People usually blame the equipment before they blame themselves. Ever have one of those friends who just can't play any sports really well... they always blame the equipment.

I'm not saying it's perfect (RIM still has a lot of bug fixing to do in the OS), but most people who don't like it, don't know how to use it fully. Heck, people that like it don't even know how to do everything on it or where to find certain things on it. I know... because I've talked to these types of people.
    06-22-09 11:23 AM
    Nothing...your friends are douches
    I guess that just about sums it up...LMFAO
    06-22-09 11:24 AM
    Mines fine, and it will be fine all the way up til Storm 2 is released, and we'll go from there... lol.

What OS are they running? "it sucks" is kind of vague, I'd ask for more details. 2 of my uncles have storms, and both of them had bad clicks on their screens and didn't even know it until they clicked mine. Then they saw how fast it was with .148 (before official release) on it and couldn't wait to update. Its amazing how in the dark most people are, and how easily most things can be fixed.
    06-22-09 11:26 AM
    It always kills me reading these posts! It's the first generation storm! Was the first iphone not plagued with issues??? To me multitasking with numerous apps open is a plus for work.
    06-22-09 11:48 AM
    Maybe they're just douches... iono
    06-22-09 11:49 AM
    Mine is the most enjoyable phone I've had (dating back to the 80's). If you think your interested in one, try one of theirs out or go to a Verizon store to play.
    06-22-09 12:43 PM
    People usually blame the equipment before they blame themselves. Ever have one of those friends who just can't play any sports really well... they always blame the equipment.

I'm not saying it's perfect (RIM still has a lot of bug fixing to do in the OS), but most people who don't like it, don't know how to use it fully. Heck, people that like it don't even know how to do everything on it or where to find certain things on it. I know... because I've talked to these types of people.
    Now I at least know why I couldn't hit the curve ball....crappy bats!!!

Back OT...as some say above, this is still "early adapter" technology for RIM. If you want to try out something new from a company that has been doing some great work for a long time, go for it. Spend some time and read the forums. Try your friends phones out. Try the phones out at Verizon.

It's called decision making. Gather information, make one, live with it.

I dig my Storm and have actually enjoyed the ride (albeit a bumpy one at times) so far.
    06-22-09 12:49 PM

I'm going to have to agree here. Most people who "hate" it don't know why. Ask them why and they'll say "it just sucks" or "i just don't like it" or "it just doesn't work right". What they are really saying is "i don't know how to use it but i don't want to admit that i need help so i'll blame the phone".
    06-22-09 01:15 PM
    I'm going to have to agree here. Most people who "hate" it don't know why. Ask them why and they'll say "it just sucks" or "i just don't like it" or "it just doesn't work right". What they are really saying is "i don't know how to use it but i don't want to admit that i need help so i'll blame the phone".
    Or "I bought it expecting it to be just like the iPhone even though that expectation makes no sense and now I'm butthurt."
    06-22-09 01:20 PM
    This is EXTREMELY true.
    06-22-09 01:27 PM
    The better people to ask why 'it sucks' should be the people who say it. And again, that is subjective to the people.

From my personal view, going from an 8700g to the Storm... There are some issues with it.

It took me a while to get used to the lack of keyboard relief. By Keyboard Relief, I mean a physical sensation of knowing you are hitting the right keys to type something.

The accelerometer on the .75 build (Which is what I have at the moment) is slightly laggy in response, or the OS is not responding to it quick enough at times.

I am used to having only charged the 8700g once a week, this one requires once every 3 to 5 days. This coming from a person who doesn't use the blackberry a lot short of e-mails and responding to e-mails.

When you look at the forums, there are several users having varying different kinds of problems. Heck, I am one who is suffering the fun 'Radio not turning back on' because of the Auto On/Off which is a current known issue for .75 and .148 builds. Battery and memory leaks depend on also what people put on their BBs and how they have them setup. In my case, I rarely run anything on it and I get better battery uptime than most people I read on here or some people I talked with.

The point of the situation will be proper perception and what your expectations will be.

Mind you, when I started with the Storm, I didn't have a lot of expectations and was sort of forwarned that there were some issues from my Phone Rep and people who didn't like it over some things.

Personally, I sort of like it to a degree and hope that additional updates will come soon to fix things I like to use, such as the Auto On/Off where the wireless radio is not going off into la la land or the service light needing to be told to stay on because that is my wish compared to others here.
    06-22-09 01:35 PM
    they dont know about crackberry thats probably why!
    Oh so true. I was so close to returning my storm in december, but I happened to be at a party and another guy had it too. He asked me how do u like it, I said .75 sucks and im going back to AT&T asap. Now i knew about crackberry, wasn't on it every hour like I am now. He had a leak/hybrid and told that it ran perfect. The next day when I sobered up, I did the leak, and the rest is history. To get my point out, ask them if they know about crackberry and if they attempted to do something about their quarrels with the phone
    06-22-09 01:42 PM
    i beg to differ. i think most people do not like it because of the memory leaks, faulty touch screen, inconsistent performance of accelerometer, etc..

I'm neither fanboy of the iphone nor blackberry, although I am a current blackberry storm owner.

I had the chance to check out both phones for long periods of time, and the bb storm is very frustrating to use as it is very slow! having to do a battery pull everyday is not what i call a quality product. yes, you can upgrade the OS on your bb to fix issues, but why would any end-run user have to go through all that just to make the bb function normally?

touch screen is also a huge issue, i been through 2 storm phones that both had issues with the touch screen (hard to press screen), hence why RIM is doing away with formerly much touted tactile touch screen in the new storm 2!

thirdly, the iphone apps/community is much stronger than the bb community, in terms of sheer size, apple wins in this regard.

for the bb, however, it can accept sd cards so thats a huge plus!
    06-22-09 01:44 PM
    The accelerometer on the .75 build (Which is what I have at the moment) is slightly laggy in response, or the OS is not responding to it quick enough at times.
    Why on earth are you using .75?!?

I agree .75 had issues...that's why they came out with a new OS

That's like saying, "My Model T broke down all the time...that's why I don't have a car today."
    06-22-09 01:52 PM
    For me it has just been all the little things that tired me out about the phone.

Things like listening to music when approaching the metal detector at my work and I pause the music and pull out the headphones to pass it around the detector. When I pick up the phone, it decides to become un-paused and is blaring music while I scramble to get the head phones in or pause/stop the music. This has happened to me on numerous occasions without any clear reason as to why it can suddenly become unpaused so easily.

Things like after listening to music, the phone gets stuck thinking it is in headset mode and leaving me struggling to get it out of headset mode while I have a confused caller on the other end of the line.

Things like having spent money on the RIM premium multimedia headphones for my storm only to discover that they are inconsistent in controlling the music. Sometimes the pause/forward/backward/volume controls work and sometimes they don't with no apparent reasoning.

Things like having to re-install and re-register all my 3rd party apps whenever I upgrade to the latest leaked OS and consequently losing any data on the phone related to those apps.

Things like waiting 6 months for Verizon/RIM to get a fixed OS out for the phone.

I could go on with this list but the point for me is that I gave this phone over 6 months of my life and it just wore me down. I wanted out, so now I am part of the 12% of purchasers who switched from Blackberry to the iPhone this past weekend.
    06-22-09 02:05 PM
    and I think it is awesome. The new OS is alot better and I haven't had hardly any issues at all.
    06-22-09 02:08 PM
    IMO Apple has done a better job at "selling" all the apps available for the iphone - their commercials are very effective and I sit there as I watch them going, "I wish my storm could do that"!
    06-22-09 02:21 PM
    I will say what ur friends or any other storm haters hate is the touchscreen keyboard.its not physicsl keybard n dats wat a lot of storm users get pissed about. Was oo untill I got use to it.n now its so easy.
    Beside not having physical keyboard,I don't think there is anythin to hate about.yes time to time it gives me some headech.but all the bb owners know dat the first few months r always bad for any device.untill we get use to it.

Cheerzz to all storm users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 02:26 PM
    I will say what ur friends or any other storm haters hate is the touchscreen keyboard.its not physicsl keybard n dats wat a lot of storm users get pissed about. Was oo untill I got use to it.n now its so easy.
    Beside not having physical keyboard,I don't think there is anythin to hate about.yes time to time it gives me some headech.but all the bb owners know dat the first few months r always bad for any device.untill we get use to it.

Cheerzz to all storm users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If you want a physical keyboard then why would you get a touchscreen phone?
    06-22-09 02:36 PM
    That's like saying, "My Model T broke down all the time...that's why I don't have a car today."
    ROTFLMFAO!
    06-22-09 03:00 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD