Im afraid to activat a BES because im already on one. Can i add a second?? I was scared to do it, because i didnt want to overwrite the one that i have.

If i can, is there anything special i need to do to set-up.

Also how does that effect my contacts? does it group them all together?

Calendar...does it group them all together??

Any help would be great... thanks
    03-02-09 09:26 PM
    No

10 Char
    03-02-09 10:33 PM
    so i take no i cant add a second,
    03-03-09 01:00 PM
    It's possible with some sketchy work a rounds, but it's not supported nor supposed to work that way.
    03-03-09 02:10 PM
    I highly recommend sticking with only 1 BES for this reason. when you activate with the BES, it basically binds with your specific device through PIN synchonization. This is what allows the BES to actually keep you connected to the exchange server at work, as well as synchronize all of your outlook contacts, calendar, etc. in simple terms your BB becomes good buddies with the server, and they share EVERYTHING.

Generally if you try to activate with a second BES server, it will take over and make itself your BBs new best buddy, and you will lose the complete synchronization with the first server.

as a general rule you can make only one Enterprise activation per BB

Like previously mentioned there are workarounds, but they run great risk behind them of losing data, and other information. you are best suited to use just the one BES.

If you are looking at this as a means of connecting to another exchange server which is also running a BES, you can still get all of your exchange email to your device using BIS through your service provider. You won't have the benefit of the full synchronization on the fly like you do with BES, but you will at least be able to get to your email if that is what you are after...
    03-03-09 02:26 PM
    djzachtyler - GREAT ANSWER.... Thank you for your time...that helps me with much clarity. If somehow i can reward you points in this forum i would do so.
    03-03-09 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD