The storm I bought was purchased with a stolen card. Problem is when the detective came to ask me questions I didn't have the phone because I got a warranty replacement because of the screen click. Now I'm tangled in an even bigger mess

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Good news and bad news...

Good news is, if this is your first offense, you probably won't do prison time.

Bad news is, in Ohio, typically misuse of a credit card under $500 is a 1st degree misdemeanor punishable by up to 6 months in jail and fines reaching $1,000. A good attorney will most likely cost you $3000-$5000 to stay out of jail.

If you REALLY aren't the actual purchaser who used the stolen CC, you more than likely have a paper trail and shouldn't be worried very much.

Good luck.
    04-24-09 09:27 PM
    ROFLMAO

he bought it from some1 that used a stolen CC to buy the storm in the first place...

also, i would like to know how the police tracked you down?!
    or they could trace from the phone that was purchased by getting the ESN (electronic serial numbers) from the vendor and from there they could go to VZW and see which account it's activated on and comes knock on ya door.
    04-24-09 10:39 PM
    Ohh jeez, this is just a big mess... If I wouldn't of had to exchange it then all would be ok. I think anyways
    04-24-09 11:27 PM
    The storm I bought was purchased with a stolen card. Problem is when the detective came to ask me questions I didn't have the phone because I got a warranty replacement because of the screen click. Now I'm tangled in an even bigger mess

I am a bit confused about the warranty replacement??? How does one get a replacement for a used phone purchased second hand??? I thought in order to get a warranty replacement you would need to be the original owner with the paperwork to prove it. Unless Verizon doesnt care?? I guess RIM might send you a knew one if you did it that way, but the carrier replacing a phone that you did not purchase directly from them, I would be surprised.
    04-24-09 11:31 PM
    well, I guess this is a warning to NOT BUY PHONES OFF OF EBAY!
    04-24-09 11:33 PM
    Ohh jeez, this is just a big mess... If I wouldn't of had to exchange it then all would be ok. I think anyways
    Don't let people scare you.

The police are seeking cooperation from you. You'll lose the Storm as it is essentially stolen property. You may get your money back... eventually.

But so long as you cooperate fully, the police will not target you in any way. You are a witness and a victim as far as they're concerned once they get the identity straight. They will want your statement as evidence against the real thief and possible testimony, as it sound as if you met him.

They would only pressure you if you refuse to cooperate, at which point they'd inform you of Receiving Stolen Property and the penalties involved.
    04-24-09 11:35 PM
    GOTCHA
    LOL!!! The situation is most def NOT funny i would be pissed! But this is funny
    04-24-09 11:39 PM
    I thought u said Craigslist...
    04-24-09 11:40 PM
    I thought u said Craigslist...
    The plot thickens.......
    04-25-09 03:01 AM
    uh... what?!? craigslist... now ebay??? you have tripped and fell. /PHAIL ... u can lie to us but u cant lie to the 5-0.
    04-25-09 03:29 AM
    LOL you better get your story straight before you appear in court!
    04-25-09 04:49 AM

Huh?????? I thought you said you bought it off Craig's List?
    04-25-09 05:57 AM
    Long as you've got the card, would you please buy me a Sony Vaio?
    04-25-09 06:12 AM
    I am a bit confused about the warranty replacement??? How does one get a replacement for a used phone purchased second hand??? I thought in order to get a warranty replacement you would need to be the original owner with the paperwork to prove it. Unless Verizon doesnt care?? I guess RIM might send you a knew one if you did it that way, but the carrier replacing a phone that you did not purchase directly from them, I would be surprised.
    regardless of where you purchased the phone, there is a one year manufacturers warranty.
    04-25-09 06:18 AM
    I meant craigslist. Sorry I would never steal anything, I've seen it ruin my friends life and that's not what I want

04-25-09 07:35 AM
    you might want to change your screen name "weed"r...lol they may have probable to cause to search..

good luck ,,, if what your saying is true you should be fine.... be cooperative with the investigation..
    04-25-09 07:45 AM
    You stole it, didn't you?
    04-25-09 09:08 AM
    Loosing $200 is WAY better than the going to jail and/or effecting your career.
    Or AFFECTING your career.

04-25-09 09:13 AM
    just a note.....with Ebay you have Buyers protection, and Paypal protection.
    04-25-09 09:26 AM
    Or AFFECTING your career.

The corrector does it again...LOL

Good Work!
    04-25-09 10:32 AM
    If you've done nothing than you have nothing to worry about. You might be out a couple hundred bucks but that beats the heck out of being married to the guy with the most cigarettes
    04-25-09 10:32 AM
    Haha dude that sucks. I'd be so mad.
    04-25-09 10:39 AM
    If anyone wants to know what happened. They took the phone from me now I need a new storm. The guy that sold it to me is going to give me the money back tomorrow. Then he is gonna get arrested. HAHA serves that ***** right for selling me a stolen phone. So now I'm back to my curve, I think I just might wait til the Tour and get that for my upgrade.
    05-07-09 02:38 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD