I've seen this asked but no replies?

Doesn't it seem somewhat well stupid to consistently notify you of your dying battery by using the LED, which well, uses A TON of juice?

I know you can turn off message, phone, email, etc LED notifications and the coverage LED but is there a way to turn of the battery indicator?

I honestly think that having this flashing notification every like 5 seconds is pretty annoying and almost too in your face. Or at least having it flash less often....
    03-27-09 04:19 PM
    Have you considered charging your battery?
    fflavoie likes this.
    03-27-09 04:25 PM
    LEDs use very little power.
    03-27-09 04:29 PM
    I've seen this asked but no replies?

Doesn't it seem somewhat well stupid to consistently notify you of your dying battery by using the LED, which well, uses A TON of juice?

LEDs use very tiny, tiny, amounts of juice...
    03-27-09 04:59 PM
    I stand corrected.
    03-27-09 07:18 PM
    I'm having the same complaint.

Alright, low battery indicator or not - I don't really care about the indicator light functionality at all. If the phone is in my bedroom, it's terribly bright and wakes me up.

Is there a way to turn the indicator light off?
    04-02-09 04:22 PM
    ...to turn it off. If anyone out there knows how, please post. Thanks.
    04-09-09 08:57 AM
    I'm having the same complaint.

Alright, low battery indicator or not - I don't really care about the indicator light functionality at all. If the phone is in my bedroom, it's terribly bright and wakes me up.

Is there a way to turn the indicator light off?
    if its in your bedroom, wouldn't your charger be nearby? plug it in!

or.. put a shirt over it

since i dont know how to disable the indicator, that seems like a pretty simple solution.
    04-09-09 09:20 AM
    No way that I know of to turn off the low battery indicator. But if it is on the charger then hit menu and enable bedside mode which will turn off the notifications indicator.

Also you can create your own custom profiles that allow you to turn off the indicator. Go to sounds, scroll down to Set Ring Tones/Alerts or all the way down to Custom Profiles. It will bring up all your email addresses, phone options, and instant messenger options. You can turn off the indicator in those profiles there.
    04-09-09 09:49 AM
    if its in your bedroom, wouldn't your charger be nearby? plug it in!

or.. put a shirt over it

since i dont know how to disable the indicator, that seems like a pretty simple solution.
    Ok how about if you don't know, can it. He doesn't wanna know what he can do to hide the light, he wants to know how to turn off the flashing led light. This person is obviously looking for apps or some way he can go into the phone and disable it. Think about his question and come up for an answer to his question not a way around it. Anyone knows that a dark shirt will hide a little flashing light, also we know that we shouldn't charge our batteries just because it's night time. If there's still juice in it, you have to let the battery get low in order to make the battery last.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 11:16 PM
    Why does everyone feel it necessary to point out that they use little power, or that he should charge his phone in? The stupid light is annoying. Thanks RIM - you already told me my phone is dying, I'm not going to forget about it. I agree with him, if the light is on in your room it's distracting. Also, sometimes you can't get to your charger, but personnally for me, when I see the light flashing my attention is drawn to it. I wish they didn't lock these stupid things down so much, and you guys should lay off everyone if someone has a simple question.
    Bemma likes this.
    09-14-10 07:11 PM
    for those talking about the LED waking you up when you're trying to sleep.. put the phone in bedside mode. in the clock options, you can turn off the LED while it is in bedside mode. best thing is... bedside mode with LED off and phone only profile!
    09-16-10 10:07 PM
    If there's still juice in it, you have to let the battery get low in order to make the battery last.
    These use Lithium Ion batteries. There is no need to let the battery drain all the way down. Lithium Ion will not develop a memory like the old Ni-Cad batteries used to do.
    I put my Storm on the charger every night. Even if there is still plenty of juice left. I've been doing this for about 1 1/2 years with no detriment to the battery.
    I always have a fresh charge in the morning.
    09-18-10 08:56 PM
    There is an application called led reset that turns off your led. The only annoyance is that every time you get a message that enables an led notification you have to start the app again to stop the low battery flashing. I believe it is on the mobile crackberry site in the downloads tab>free applications

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 12:51 AM
    it doesnt use any energy almost at all
    09-21-10 08:38 PM
    What pisses me off is when I'm having a conversation with bbm or texts, or anything really, and I hear that dreaded low battery sound that makes any bb owner cringe, and then after I'm already fully aware that my battery is low, and I'm going to charge it soon, just not right that minute, and then it's flashing and I see it out of the corner of my eye and keeping checking it every 10 seconds cause I keep thinking I didn't hear my alert or something and only get pissed when it was just my phone saying "HALP ME". It really would be nice to have an option to disable it, but I might give that app a try.
    Bemma likes this.
    06-06-11 01:28 AM
    it doesnt use any energy almost at all
    But it does use energy so there's that.
    12-13-12 12:34 PM
    I'm going to resurrect this thread. Is there a way to disable the low battery led indicator? Three or so blinks is enough to notify user of low battery. I have disco hub and aside from battery light being annoying and senseless, it doesn't play well with that app. Thanks.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    Bemma likes this.
    06-09-13 09:45 AM
    Anyone?

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    Bemma likes this.
    06-10-13 05:17 PM
    My wife's Z10 drains faster than my Z30...and her light often goes off...and the Bedside Mode does not turn it off. Very dumb in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 11:12 AM
    How to turn off led notification when battery low on your BlackBerry device? Generally there is no such options to turn it off. It blinks continuously and drains battery. People are unaware of it still nor hackable through third party application or rooting the device. You'll not need to worry today coz I will tell you how to set it off. Though you may not be able to use radio while battery low but you will be able to use media and all of it and last for around 3 or more hours if you set off your led after battery low. All you need to do is simply go to clock on your device, press options and select besides mode and minimized by pressing power button (do not exit besides mode) done. By enabling besides mode it will turn off your led when battery is low and saves the remaining battery which you will be able to use for other purpose besides radio.
    06-14-15 08:25 AM
    Fine, there is no setting to turn low batt LED blinking off then. Rendering LED notifications useless when the battery is low?!

Why putting the phone to the bedside mode or going thru settings to make a workaround? And then reverse the whole reconfiguration thing after you recharge? Just flip the phone face down. Advanced Interaction should be set to off when in battery saving mode anyway.
    Bemma likes this.
    10-28-15 11:40 AM