Okay ive been trying to get my storm to work on both vzw and tmo. right now it works fine on tmo but when I try to switch back to vzw and use the net it tells me insufficent data coverage. None of the programs seem to work on the vzw side. I have an active account with both carriers so I was wondering if someone could tell me how to get both working.
    03-13-09 03:54 AM
    are you trying to use internet on both?

i use vzw for my main service. and have maintained an account with att for years, voice only. havent had any problems so far.
    03-13-09 04:19 AM
    yeah but you can't have both active at the same time on or can you?
    03-13-09 05:30 AM
    Okay ive been trying to get my storm to work on both vzw and tmo. right now it works fine on tmo but when I try to switch back to vzw and use the net it tells me insufficent data coverage. None of the programs seem to work on the vzw side. I have an active account with both carriers so I was wondering if someone could tell me how to get both working.
    In options>Mobile Network>Network Technology must be set to Global or changed as you switch carriers. Also make sure Data Service is "ON". You can not access CDMA and GSM at the same time, it's one system or the other.
    03-13-09 08:17 AM
    Wow, there's some nice responces in here.

You cannot have both running because all things data on Blackberries still works through RIM and you can only provision data to a Blackberry through ONE carrier at a time. So, if you bind it to TMO's BIS provisioning, you'd have to release it from that before it'll provision from Verizon. BB Data services are not tied to the radio on the device, it's not as easily switched as voice service is. However, you can have voice on both (SIM for one and CDMA radio provision for the other) and use that in a pinch, but your data will stay with one carrier at a time. And before you ask, no, you can't easily switch back and forth. Well, it's not that difficult, but your email setups won't ever be kept and some carrier require the removal of the BB data plan from the account in question before they release the PIN of the device. So, bottom line... it's a pain in the a**.
    03-13-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD