I am dying to get a storm when they are released.

I have been a long time palm Treo user. How are Blackberry's better than Palm's? Will I have trouble adjusting?
    10-17-08 11:46 AM
    I used to have a Treo then got a BB.

The Storm is a whole new beast - :P

One thing I like about the BB is the push e-mail.
    10-17-08 12:36 PM
    I didn't have any problems making the switch. LOVE my berry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 01:30 PM
    Not so clunky form factors. Great operating system. Push email.
    10-17-08 01:43 PM
    The learning curve is minimal at best. Most bb users only use about 40 percent of the phones abilities. (Opinion only). Push mail is a HUGE plus. The ability to send calendar appts to my wife is huge. BB msgr is a biggie for me and the overall usability factor is a plus too. You will probably never go back once you get one.

10-17-08 01:46 PM
    The learning curve is minimal at best. Most bb users only use about 40 percent of the phones abilities. (Opinion only). Push mail is a HUGE plus. The ability to send calendar appts to my wife is huge. BB msgr is a biggie for me and the overall usability factor is a plus too. You will probably never go back once you get one.

As someone said to me (because I switched to the iPhone and now I am back - :P)

"Once you got Blackberry you never go back" - :P
    10-17-08 01:47 PM
    The only reason that I still love my Treo because it has touch screen. The Storm is totally different than other BB - no physical keyboards - that's probably the only thing you need to get used to. All other apps like email, calendar are just simple to used. BB>TREO
    10-17-08 01:55 PM
    Well being that you asked how are the blackberries in general, not the storm, I'll give you my opinion on it.

I used to have a palm treo 700p for about 1.5 years. I did love my treo, it was my first smartphone. BUT, I couldn't take the freezing and resets anymore. Lots of times I was about to make a call and the phone would reset on me, with or without 3rd party apps. I used to have chatter email which is considered one of the best for the palm, which I loved, but it drains the battery fast. The phone also felt like a brick. Other than these couple things I love the treo.

Here are the things I love about my curve. The battery life is excellent much better than palm. Push email is way better than palm, especially now with 4.5's html. At first the blackberry didn't have docs to go, but with 4.5 it's there. Blackberry is way more reliable than palm. I thought I was going to miss the touchscreen from palm but I really didn't.
    10-17-08 02:13 PM
    BlackBerries are a lot better than Palm. I'm sure you will like it a lot more, and it takes almost no time to get use to.
    10-17-08 02:19 PM
    here is my take on it. If you are comparing treo with windows mobile then forget about it, but if you are talking about treo with palm making there own OS then it's worth the discussion.
    10-17-08 07:21 PM
    Hi

I only used a Treo for about 3 days it was a phone I bought on ebay and I never really liked it. I also was never that interested in getting a Blackberry however once I got my first one and got email up and running that was it.

I have to say that I only use it as a phone and for email but I am now on my 4th. I also have an iPhone that I love but its not as good for email as the Blackberry. If times got hard and I had to give up one phone, I would keep my Blackberry no question.

"once you go Blackberry you never go back!"

Alex
    10-19-08 10:12 AM
    Blackberry the only way to go!!
    10-19-08 11:26 AM
    I had the 700p and then 700 wx. I also liked the phone but both the Palm OS and Wm were not as stable as BB. Had to do lots of soft resets. Had problems with some third party software on the Treo but not my BB. Memory is alot better with my Curve. I did miss the touch screen for the first few days but I love my curve so much that I forgot about it right away. IMO BB all the way!
    10-19-08 11:32 AM

Most people only use about 20% percent of what a Treo is capable of and that's nothing especially the Windows model.
    10-19-08 11:59 AM
    Thanks for all of your input. I am excited to make the switch. Overall, I like the features of the Treo, but it is unstable.... locks up when you need need it, etc.

I am going to a concert at the Verizon Center (DC) in late November and that will be a good palce to show off and brag about the Storm. I am hopefully confident I will have it by then!
    10-19-08 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD