I can not get the data from my desktop software for the Treo 700p (calendar and different contact lists) installed on outlook.
    It appears that outlook is the most used program with the storm. Please suggest a better one if necessary.
    Any detailed help in transferring this data would be appreciated.
    I tried the desktop manager for the blackberry but can't get it to not gray out the selections and I looked at exporting the calendar info. from the palm desktop so to install it in outlook but the file formats do not work.
    Please help as to the correct way to do this.

Thank you!
    12-06-08 12:26 AM
    I can not get the data from my desktop software for the Treo 700p (calendar and different contact lists) installed on outlook.
    It appears that outlook is the most used program with the storm. Please suggest a better one if necessary.
    Any detailed help in transferring this data would be appreciated.
    I tried the desktop manager for the blackberry but can't get it to not gray out the selections and I looked at exporting the calendar info. from the palm desktop so to install it in outlook but the file formats do not work.
    Please help as to the correct way to do this.

Thank you!
    I transfered from my 700p to the storm using desktop manager on the PC.
    -backup your palm to the Palm desktop software (have to have 4.1 software. 4.2 will not work)
    -Open Blackberry Desktop manager and choose "device switch wizard"
    -choose "switch from another device to a BB device"
    -see if it recognizes your backup data

Hope this helps!
    12-06-08 12:39 AM
    I just re-read your post. You probably have Palm desktop 4.2 installed which would grey your choice out. You will have to go back to Palms site and download and install 4.1.4 transfer the data to it and then you should be fine
    12-06-08 12:43 AM
    The BB desktop manager transfer will not work with the version of the Palm desktop you have installed. You can downgrade the Palm software by getting the desktop software off of Palm's site.

I shelled out $30 to have PocketCopy transfer my Palm data to Outlook. The cost was worth it to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 12:44 AM
    I have Palm Desktop by Access version 6.6.2

Have others also used PocketCopy and did it transfer all data exactly?
    Did it transfer calendar dates/alarms, etc?
    When transferring contacts, did it do them all as one large group or did it transfer them as their individual groups as I have groups (eg. Family, Business, Stores, Persoal, etc.) set up?

Thank you very much for your help and input. I appreciate it!
    12-06-08 07:37 PM
    So I just got the storm. It arrived early so I don't have Outlook yet. I have been using a palm for awhile and I am trying to transfer the data from palm destop (I have 4.1.4) to my storm. Everything goes okay at first, but then it stops at 280 of 293 records. The progress bar is only about a quarter the way across.

Do you think it's a corrupt entry of some sort?
    Could it be the fact that I have calender events broken down by relationship (IE Business, Personal, etc?)

Thanks for any help!

Oh and I love my storm
    12-15-08 09:27 AM
    hi i have bb and plz tell me my excel file how i can transfer in my bb contact bcz excel file contain on my office telefone directory plz help me thanks
    11-21-09 04:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD